Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The FRE isn't really necessary, and requires some fitting. The rest of the Apex stuff is all drop in. I did put it in my full size because I had an issue once or twice with cases getting in front of the stock extractor.

The Apex stuff is all top notch and a vast improvement no matter what you pick.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
If it was me, new all day with the rest of those parts if that's what you want in it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Most likely it will be all new, but I didn't know if those trade-in's might be a better alternative with swapping out old and in with new.

Or if the new model upgrades would take the Apex kit to the next level.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:06:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most likely it will be all new, but I didn't know if those trade-in's might be a better alternative with swapping out old and in with new.

View Quote

With S&W, especially the M&P, always go with the newest possible, they incorporate new changes in line to the production process without changing anything about the stock number, or generation or anything.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

With S&W, especially the M&P, always go with the newest possible, they incorporate new changes in line to the production process without changing anything about the stock number, or generation or anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, get a new one so you get the latest updates. If the police trade in would happen to have the smaller sear plunger/spring then you'll have to convert that to the larger one in order to make the APEX sear work properly and that will cost a few extra dollars. Plus the new ones have the redesigned slide lock that gives you a good reset so the RAM isn't needed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone,  looks like new will be the choice.

Now 9 or 40?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone,  looks like new will be the choice.

Now 9 or 40?
View Quote

Get a 40 to allow for a 9mm barrel later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top