Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 2:53:39 PM EDT
Hello,

First post from a long time lurker...I know I'm a 14er, but please reply anyhoo if you've got one of these and know a solution.

Bought my first, new MP Bodyguard two months ago. It's the new non-laser model.   It suffered light primer strikes and no last shot lock backs from the get-go and the trigger was really bad....took it back to LGS.  He gave me a replacement. This new one  worked great for the first 50 I ran through it. Trigger is much better than that first one too.   Shot it, with same ammo (Summit) and after another 50 rounds it shot great, cycled perfectly and piled brass in one area to the right,  but started back with no last shot lock backs.  No light primer strikes, but now it won't lock back half the time.  Anyone here have the same trouble?

One other observation....  I eventually intend to reload for .380, but this little guy "Glocks" the Summit brass much worse than my Glock 23 does 40SW..  Feed ramp bulges from hell. The G23 "guppies" the side walls.  This BG leaves a full feed ramp dimple on the side to the rim.  BTW, the Summit ammo runs perfectly in my old Kel-tec P3AT.  No bulges or malfunctions.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it lock back when you insert an empty magazine and manually rack it? I noticed the BG380 mag springs are pretty weak so if you touch the slide lock just a little when firing it will prevent it from moving up after the last round.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it does lock back after inserting an empty mag.  This "non-lock back" problem only happens during normal firing of the gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Try shooting it left handed one hand only and see if it locks back- if so it is you hitting the slide release keeping it from engaging
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top