Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2014 5:18:21 PM EDT
Here are my thoughts:

Aluminum FSS kit and RAM
10-8 rear and front FO sights

I'm also looking at bbls but not sure which direction to go. I'm not sure that the bbl in mine is all that accurate and I'd like to find a bbl that corrects that issue.

As for the FSS/RAM, I know I need to make sure I have the newer sear housing assembly. Is there a way to check this externally without removing the whole assembly?

Anything I'm missing?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there a way to check this externally without removing the whole assembly?
View Quote

I don't believe there are any external differences, you have to remove the sear from the housing to see the plunger/spring. In order to get the sear pin out, the housing must be lifted at least partially out of the frame.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't believe there are any external differences, you have to remove the sear from the housing to see the plunger/spring. In order to get the sear pin out, the housing must be lifted at least partially out of the frame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there a way to check this externally without removing the whole assembly?

I ended up not ordering the Sear housing. I found the shell casing that came with it marked 10/2011 so I rolled the dice that it's late enough in 2011 to not be an issue.

Still trying to find a good deal on an aftermarket bbl.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I ended up not ordering the Sear housing. I found the shell casing that came with it marked 10/2011 so I rolled the dice that it's late enough in 2011 to not be an issue.

Still trying to find a good deal on an aftermarket bbl.
View Quote

How about trying out one of those Wilson Combat barrels and doing a report on them for us here?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Here are my thoughts:

Aluminum FSS kit and RAM

I'm also looking at bbls but not sure which direction to go. I'm not sure that the bbl in mine is all that accurate and I'd like to find a bbl that corrects that issue.

As for the FSS/RAM, I know I need to make sure I have the newer sear housing assembly. Is there a way to check this externally without removing the whole assembly?

Anything I'm missing?
View Quote

As mentioned above, the only way to know if your sear housing is compatible is by removing the sear to check the size of the sear pin/spring which requires the sear housing to be removed from the frame. The updated sear pin/spring is about 1/8" wide.

Check out KKM for new barrels.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As mentioned above, the only way to know if your sear housing is compatible is by removing the sear to check the size of the sear pin/spring which requires the sear housing to be removed from the frame. The updated sear pin/spring is about 1/8" wide.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here are my thoughts:

Aluminum FSS kit and RAM

Anything I'm missing?

This, KKM is the way to go.  I have KKM's in all of my M&P's including a duty weapon and love it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This, KKM is the way to go.  I have KKM's in all of my M&P's including a duty weapon and love it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here are my thoughts:

Aluminum FSS kit and RAM

Anything I'm missing?

I've been hearing a lot good about them.

Personally I like guns that make me the weak link, and I just don't get that from my gun as it stands.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad to hear this as I ordered a KKM today for my FS9 w/ FSS and Poly trigger.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you get the RAM too?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an aluminum FSS kit with RAM, and the reset feels very 1911-like.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

What would you compare the pull to?

I worked on the P320 project and it has an amazing trigger, and I've heard this better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best striker fired trigger available. Short takeup, smooth break, and short reset. Kinda like a stretched out 1911 trigger pull.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did you get the RAM too?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get the RAM too?

Sorry, I could have worded that better. All I meant is that I ordered the barrel. The gun already has the FSS and RAM. I had a DCAEK kit in it but that resides in a little plastic bag until I decide what to do with it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I had a DCAEK kit in it but that resides in a little plastic bag until I decide what to do with it.
View Quote

Ha, I have a DCAEK kit residing in a little plastic bag as well.

Depending on the use, my M&P triggers are either stock, sear drop-in only, or full blown FSS kit. I didn't care for the other Apex kits.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Here it is so far

The FSS instal was pretty simple. The only issue I had was I felt they skimmed some steps in their instruction video.

That and lining up the trigger bar and pin That was a complete PITA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:45:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Here it is so far
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s611/joe_freerider/20141007_122910_zpsgaowgj1c.jpg

The FSS instal was pretty simple. The only issue I had was I felt they skimmed some steps in their instruction video.

That and lining up the trigger bar and pin That was a complete PITA.
View Quote

Nice, and I'd agree.  Lining up the trigger bar and pin did suck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top