Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 7:54:41 PM EDT
has anyone experimented with using a heavier recoil spring in the 4.25 M&P 9?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I use ISMI 17s in all of mine.  You can use a 20, but I prefer the recoil impulse when using a 17 and found that it was better with a wider variety of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use ISMI 17s in all of mine.  You can use a 20, but I prefer the recoil impulse when using a 17 and found that it was better with a wider variety of ammo.
View Quote

weird, according to wolff, the factory weight is 16lbs, but in the comments on midway for the OEM guide rod / spring assy. someone mentions measuring the spring weight at 17lbs...

ETA: ISMI says the factory weight is 15lbs

did they increase the factory weight, or is it just a tolerance/measurement issue?

ever tried the 17lbs ISMI spring suppressed?

does the slide still sometimes auto-forward with it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have, no issues with it suppressed.
View Quote

excellent, I'm going to order one and try it out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top