Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2014 4:39:55 AM EDT
Hello-- I own a m&p shield and noticed it doesn't have an audible trigger reset. The trigger still resets however. There's just no audible "click " or "pop" when it resets. I also tried it with the magazine in and there was still no reset sound. In every video I've watched about the m&p shield there's always a audible trigger reset. Should I be concerned about this or is this normal? Thanks everyone in advance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Normal.  I don't ride my triggers to reset (I'm an unapologetic trigger slapper) so I don't care if it makes a sound, clicks, whatever.  I also never get "trigger freeze"......

YMMV

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine does have a audible click.  But at the range I wear hearing protection and can't hear it anyway. During a social encounter after the first shot you won't hear it or any sounds for a while anyway.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
have you done any polishing or anything to the internals?

i changed my sear to an apex hard sear, nice tactile/audible reset and great trigger pull.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#4]
if you are dry firing make sure you rack the slide again before you let go of the trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top