Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 12:47:51 AM EDT
Got about 750 rounds through my KKM 5".  I had read that there was a break in period, but I still get failures every couple of mags.  Its always the same....slide gets stuck without the round fully going into battery.  Anyone else experience this with theirs?  How long was your break in period?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
No break in on mine.  Maybe just hit the ramp with some flitz.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]
About 400 through mine. Accuracy improved dramatically. No problems. Maybe call KKM and see what they recommend? If you can identify where it is hanging up try some flitz like the post above. The fit is quite tight, I would make sure the gun is lubricated properly. I like Brownell's action lube personally. I personally prefer grease for handguns and oil for rifles. If it's bone dry in a few places, this problem would not surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I will try the flitz.  I am also going to ditch the 13# recoil spring for something heavier and see if that helps.  I mainly just wanted to see what experiences you other guys had.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will try the flitz.  I am also going to ditch the 13# recoil spring for something heavier and see if that helps.  I mainly just wanted to see what experiences you other guys had.
View Quote

Wish I had known you were running a 13.  Try a 17 and report back, my guess is you have no issues.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wish I had known you were running a 13.  Try a 17 and report back, my guess is you have no issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, this is obviously pertinent information.  I meant to include it in the OP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My money is on a spring swap for the fix.  Flitz won't hurt, but the spring would be my start.  5 KKM barrels here, 5 17 lbs ISMI springs.  

Zero issues, period.  2 of them are long slides as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top