Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2014 8:02:02 PM EDT
To those who own a CZ and an M&P Give this a try next range trip it seems to function just fine. Magazines appear to be dimensionally similar and have a very close feeding angle. I would like to see more data and testing. I believe Mec Gar makes factory CZ Magazines and they should prove more reliable than any terrible Promags or questionable Magazine extensions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsEaPsP2TC8

CZP07 magazine is too small to fit in an M&P9 though. Should work in a 9C.

I'll buy a few next pay day as well, but I do not have an M&P9c to test the P07 magazines in. I'm thinking a cut down X grip could make things fit flush. I'd like to compare the height of an M&P9c  with p07 magazines to a Glock 19. So if you have a M&P9c/P07 magazine mind posting a picture and measuring the gun's height?

19+1 seems like nice capacity for home defense/range use. (If it proves reliable)

Let me know how this works out for you. If it proves 100% reliable a G19 sized M&P should be easy to do. (Was done before but it required cutting and welding magazines)

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for interest
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#2]
The MecGar CZ mags are good quality.

Should be at the range this week with access to a CZ P-07 and P-09... Will take my M&P9c along and see how it functions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. Could you possibly do a measurement of your M&P9c with the p07 magazine in it? The height is what I was also curious about.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The M&P FS 9MM magazine will not lock up in the CZ P09.

The CZ P09 9MM will lock up and feed one round after another through the M&P 9MM FS gun.

I didn't fire them, just hand cycled them through.

Don't own an M&P compact, so can't check the P07 magazines.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#5]
tagarooski
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#6]
P07 and P09 mags seat and function under range conditions in my MP9c.
CZ 75 mags will seat, but the mag catch will NOT hold them in place at all.
M&P mags will not fit into CZ pistols.

Neat range trick I think, but no where near solid enough for defensive or carry use IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
P07 and P09 mags seat and function under range conditions in my MP9c.
CZ 75 mags will seat, but the mag catch will NOT hold them in place at all.
M&P mags will not fit into CZ pistols.

Neat range trick I think, but no where near solid enough for defensive or carry use IMHO.
View Quote

Thanks for the update.

Still more reliable than Promag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top