Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 11:59:26 PM EDT
Wife wants a Christmas List my M&Pc could use some night sights.  What are some good ones that won't costs an arm and a leg?  Anyone have experience with the XS sights?  I like the idea of a fast acquisition night sight, but worry that accuracy will suffer with the bigger sight and don't know if the regular sized front sight is any better than other options out there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Ameriglo i-dot PRO.  Got a set on sale for $70 installed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the idea of the big dot XS but never used them.   I think Trijicon makes the best night sites but they also costs the most.   TruGlo will probably be the cheapest.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my TruGlo TFO's on my M&P9c, some have claimed to have issues with the fiber rods but I've had 0 issues in the several years I've had mine. Brightest night sighs I've ever used.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Just picked up a set of the ameriglo for my full size 9mm its the three dot set green front yellow rear they look really sharp and cost me $80 shipped from buds gun shop. Rear sight was a breeze to install front just need a little sanding and it fits nice and tight. Good quality with a good warranty.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my TruGlo TFO's on my M&P9c, some have claimed to have issues with the fiber rods but I've had 0 issues in the several years I've had mine. Brightest night sighs I've ever used.
View Quote

Are the TruGlo just fiber optic or are they visible without any outside light available?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
TruGlo TFOs are combination tritium and fiber optic sights, hence 'TFO'. So yes, they are self illuminated.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I put XS Big Dots on my XDs pistol and couldn't be happier.  I shoot some nice groups with them too.  At 30 feet or less, I doubt you'd shoot any better with little sights.  

Not a great picture but I really had to contort myself to take it:

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I only run Trijicon HD's with yellow fronts
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a set of Ameriglo I-Dot Orange/Green sights for my Shield 9mm.  I like them and the orange front sight really stands out. Very quick to acquire the target and line up the sights.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:27:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a set of the TFO's on my 45 full size that I run for my USPSA L10 pistol plus two other M&P's and they are great for the price point.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I love the Trijicon HDs. I'm a personal fan of having a blacked out rear sight so the HDs with the tritium only rears and a large orange or yellow dot work great for me both night and day. I can't miss the front sight and during the day, the tritium inserts in the rear sight are barley noticeable so I can focus on the front sight better. Trijicons are a little pricey but when it comes down to me protecting myself and others, I definitively want the best that work for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Another happy Ameri-Glo customer.  

They offer a variety of dots and colors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top