Nice!  Special discount?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
nope used for LGS
its like new a little wear up front were it recesses in but that is it
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.
Got mine for $200 from S&W after completing the Armorer's Course.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]
^^^ nice it feels really good in the hand

im gonna shoot it before I decide if I want to add any apex upgrades
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Good deal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet.

At that price I'm guessing it is too much to ask if it has night sights?

I purchased the Apex DCAE kits and RAM's for both of my M&P's and didn't install them for about 7-8 months because I could hit things just fine with the gritty factory triggers.

But once I installed the kit into the first one....
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#7]
No NS but I'm thinking about them

What apex upgrade do you recommend?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#8]
nice score. I just picked up my M&P tonight but it ended up costing me $523 OTD. After I shoot it a bit to make sure it won't have the accuracy issues I'm going to put a DCAEK kit in it and some TFO sights. I will say that out of all the poly pistols I've handled this one fits me the best, hopefully it shoots as good.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow!  I thought these were good guns according to the fan boys.  Apparently it takes quite a bit of interpersonal persuasion and aftermarket parts to convince oneself that this gun is lukewarm milk-toast.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice score. I just picked up my M&P tonight but it ended up costing me $523 OTD. After I shoot it a bit to make sure it won't have the accuracy issues I'm going to put a DCAEK kit in it and some TFO sights. I will say that out of all the poly pistols I've handled this one fits me the best, hopefully it shoots as good.
View Quote

Dang the LGS have new ones for $500 they had another used one for $420 probably could have gotten that at $400
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow!  I thought these were good guns according to the fan boys.  Apparently it takes quite a bit of interpersonal persuasion and aftermarket parts to convince oneself that this gun is lukewarm milk-toast.  
View Quote

I'm gonna shoot mine first to see how it does then decide if I want an apex upgrade but the trigger reset is a big flaw for this gun
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Remember wildearp....

Lot's of Folks customize their AR's to fit their needs.

Same with 1911's...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No NS but I'm thinking about them

What apex upgrade do you recommend?
View Quote

The DCAE Kit and RAM is the minimum (if the RAM works with your gun... gotta check with Apex and let them know what year M&P you have.)

But don't stick with my recommendation because I don't have experience with ALL of Apex's product.

There are plenty of other members here who DO have experience with them though, so figure out what role you want the gun to perform and listen to those with the appropriate experience.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#14]
considering I just paid $400 OTD for a new one I would say not too shabby
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm gonna shoot mine first to see how it does then decide if I want an apex upgrade but the trigger reset is a big flaw for this gun
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

is yours an older one? Mine was made in 2013 and it has a really good reset, I just want to get rid of the heavy pull and gritty takeup.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

is yours an older one? Mine was made in 2013 and it has a really good reset, I just want to get rid of the heavy pull and gritty takeup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2011 I think that was what the test fired cases said

I like how it has little pre travel and crisp break but mine has no audible reset click and no felt one either if there is an upgrade just to make the reset better that is all this gun needs besides maybe some NS
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I have 3 5" Pro's:  '09 9mm, '13 .40 and a '12 9mm CORE with a RDS.  The Apex kit will make you happy, though I did use the stock 9 Pro trigger for 4 yrs.  Sear flutter on the early gun from small plunger spring would sometimes not reset , AKA the dead trigger.  Different sights have been tried for various vision issues, but the stock ones are pretty good.  Sold my Glock's and Xd's and have been pleased with these guns.  Perfect, nope.  Ergonomically sound and GTG.  

Shooting Steel Challenge tomorrow with my 9 pro/Apex Competition trigger group and 147 gr. LFP .   I also have a .40 Compact that is my daily carry, accurate and comforting to have on my person.  Bonus there is the 15 rnd full size mags are ready for use in this great shooter
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really.  The M&P is imperfect just like any other handgun.  Take Glocks for instance: the horrid factory sites have to go and the grips severally lack in the ergonomics department.  But you're still looking at the two best options in modern service pistols.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want the Apex DCAEK

That looks like a pre Mid-2012  M&P, but verify with APEX. If it is older, get the RAM too and get a decent trigger reset.

I think you'll like the M&P.   It's a dead nuts reliable, loosey-goosey, minute-of-badguy accurate duty gun.   IMO it's the modern day incarnation of the original M1911  M1911A1 that the military ordered.  Nothing fancy, just works
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not really.  The M&P is imperfect just like any other handgun.  Take Glocks for instance: the horrid factory sites have to go and the grips severally lack in the ergonomics department.  But you're still looking at the two best options in modern service pistols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fully agree with you.

I have owned many M&P's and never found the need to install anything other than Night Sights.

The trigger isn't stellar, but I wasn't using it for competition.

If I did my part. I was able to shoot 17 rounds into a hole the size of a tennis ball at 7 yards.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont mind stock sights on a glock or the trigger for m&p.

for the cost and the guns, they a great. i think people just have a way of getting babied up after they get the feel of a enhanced trigger.

for stock options id say the M&P is perfect.

ETA:  

NICE STEAL OP!

i wouldnt mind picking up a 9.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Get an Apex hard sear and round/polish the striker block yourself. Do this before buying an entire spring kit which you may find unnecessary like I do. If it doesn't have the new slide stop, buy one here: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=42427
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#23]
At minimum get APEX striker block, RAM and Hard Sear. Maybe add the enhanced trigger and competition or carry spring kit.

Which barrel does it have? Are there any milled dots on the bottom side of the barrel block?

regardless. Good score.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top