Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2014 9:59:30 PM EDT
Does the 5" need a taller front sight, or can you use the standard set? Also thinking about the CAP model sights. Anyone have either of these on their pistol? Feedback?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
They come from the factory with a .180 front.  Some Pros shoot a little low and require the .160 front.

I don't really care for the CAP sights and have had a few variations of them and Trijicon HDs.  With that said I have a preference for deep U notch rears and thin front sights, with the Warren set being my favorite still (you name it, I have used it for the Glock and/or M&P).
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They come from the factory with a .180 front.  Some Pros shoot a little low and require the .160 front.

View Quote

This has been my experience. Every 5" M&P I've had needed a .160 front sight.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does the 5" need a taller front sight, or can you use the standard set? Also thinking about the CAP model sights. Anyone have either of these on their pistol? Feedback?
View Quote

I've been using the CAP sights on a Glock 36 for about a year now.
I wanted a fast, easy to see sight for point and shoot application on my CCW.  I looked at Heinie straight eights, the I-dot and the XS big dot.

Here's what I can tell you about the CAP sight:
the yellow version's front sight jumps out at you in just raising your arm.  In daylight, it's a HUGE neon square that cannot be missed.  Night-time,if the phosphorescent paint is activated, it glows that same big square...if not a brite "regular" sized tritium vial glows brightly, easy to distinguish.
The rear sight is wide, and allows you to bracket the front VERY easily.  It's a nice matte/parked black, with a horizontal stripe, allowing lightning fast sight alignment.  Again, if the phosphorescent paint is activated, even by the most minute light, it glows nicely.  I'd say, but have never actually timed it, you'll get about 20 minutes out of the paint.
The ones for my glock I ordered thru Ameriglo...standard for the 20,21,36.  They are a low profile, non snag set up.

I've had the XS big dot on a Sig 245....the CAPs blow these sights away for quick acquisition.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a set for my 23 also, but the tru-dot on the 23 are like new.  I'd love to get a set for my XDs-45, but none are listed as of yet.
I'll say buy em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top