Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2014 5:24:45 PM EDT
I've developed an interest in the 357 SIG lately.  I'm considering picking up a factory barrel for my 40c.

Has anyone seen them around lately?  I know S&W barrels have gotten tough to find; neither Brownell's nor Midway have them.  I could go Storm Lake, but I'd prefer a factory barrel.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same idea for my Sig P250c 40sw. I haven't seen any but then I wasn't looking anymore for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 9mm barrel direct from S&W a few weeks ago... decided, like you, why not try the 357sig barrel as well, but when I called back they refused to sell it to me.  Apparently they weren't supposed to sell me the 9mm either, someone made a mistake.  They have this memo for all CS's not to sell these separately as they do not want customers changing calibers - they want you to send the handgun in for them to do the conversion.

So, lucky i guess that I got a 9mm barrel, but bummed that I wasn't able to get the 357sig (and this was 4 days later lol).  Anyway, I got lucky and ran across a nib 357sig barrel from a private seller on armslist.  Seems like that's really the only way to find one now, from individuals.  Midway and Brownell's list them, but are out of stock, and the CS rep said they are no longer shipping barrels to the retailers either..,.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I think I'm going to start looking for one. I picked up a 9c barrel while they were still available, maybe I can find a 357c barrel too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, I think I'm going to start looking for one. I picked up a 9c barrel while they were still available, maybe I can find a 357c barrel too.
View Quote

If you don't have to have a S&W part - Brownell's has the Storm Lake SS in stock, and Midway has the Black/Melonite Storm Lake available as well (more $$).  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the FS .40 S&W.  I wanted a .357 SIG barrel for it and got a S&W barrel from Midway (a year ago).

Barrel is suspect.  Almost every round keyholes even as close as 7 yds.  

Some people say its the plated bullets, or I've crimped them too much, or.....whatever.

Fact is, they shoot fine in my M31 Glock with a Wolf barrel in it, so its not the plated bullets, or the velocity, or the crimp.

If I were to buy another .357 SIG barrel I'd be looking at an aftermarket barrel.

As they say, your mileage may vary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top