Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2014 11:51:53 AM EDT
Just curious.  About to order one online but want to make sure these models got the updates pushed to them already.

Im a thumb safety guy, and want to be able to add one.

Grabagun sales told me that these were all VERY recent shipments/production.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up another Pro...2014 build...does not have the updated frame for thumb safety.  Not sure why, but I haven't even seen a 2014 build with the updated frame for the Pros.  My Q214 Build Pro also doesn't have the latest slide release that some of my 2013 build M&Ps do.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's mine, 4/2014 build

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope they never do - the new frame's trigger is atrocious IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope they never do - the new frame's trigger is atrocious IMHO.
View Quote

Not in my experience...the newest frames + newest Universal SHB + new Slide Release + H Trigger Bar + latest sear revision makes for a good (but heavy) out of the box trigger with very little overtravel.  This is from my experience with scores of the latest gen guns.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Incase anyone is wondering, the 9L has the updated frame.

Just snagged one from Quantico Tactical and they confirmed it had the plug before I ordered.  Very happy!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Incase anyone is wondering, the 9L has the updated frame.

Just snagged one from Quantico Tactical and they confirmed it had the plug before I ordered.  Very happy!
View Quote

9L Core?  There is no 9L listed by S&W anymore.  If I recall right they don't make a 9L non CORE model anymore.

PM Sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top