Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2014 12:11:05 PM EDT
I had a savage 22 bolt action that a guy at work wanted, I had about $250 in it and he had a new .40 Sigma with 250 rounds of Winchester ammo. We did an even trade. I have several Smith revolvers, a 15-22 , a 3913 and a 4566. So I really like S&W, the trigger is the worst on any gun I have ever had and I expected it to be bad but not that bad.  All that said , should I put the apex parts in  and invest some $$ in it or sell it and look for a 4006?  This is my first .40  caliber gun other than 10mm. Also what other parts would u change?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Fill it with concrete and you can use it for a dandy boat anchor. Not much good for anything else. They are affectionately called the S&W Stigma, so bad Smith dropped the name when they redesigned it!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I will go out on a limb and say keep it. You will not get more than 200 in trade at a store for it. You can get the APEX kit, which would really help the trigger. It is not a bad gun, just that trigger pull needs getting used to. I have owned the 9mm versions before and used them to help teach trigger discipline to people. It would make a perfect trunk gun and if it gets stolen, you will not cry so much. Run one of those cable locks thru the trigger guard of an unloaded gun and forget about it until you need it. Carry 50 rounds of ammo and the two magazines in the glove box. Keep your primary CCW (If you have one) and keep that one as an emergency gun.

I have bought two of the SD9VEs. They are just as reliable with better triggers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a 16 round Smith and Wesson stainless magazine.  I am the "gun guy" in our group.
It's for a Sigma 9 MM .  I don't want it.  I can't use it.  It is free to a good home.

It's a S&W factory used 9 MM 16 round stainless magazine.   You pay to ship, you get the magazine.
All federal bull spit laws must be followed per FBHO.

Monkeysuncle69
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a 16 round Smith and Wesson stainless magazine.  I am the "gun guy" in our group.
It's for a Sigma 9 MM .  I don't want it.  I can't use it.  It is free to a good home.

It's a S&W factory used 9 MM 16 round stainless magazine.   You pay to ship, you get the magazine.
All federal bull spit laws must be followed per FBHO.

Monkeysuncle69
View Quote

IM and Email Sent to you for magazine.
Thanks
G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top