Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 9:18:15 AM EDT
I have an '09 M&P 9 Pro. The barrel has several thousand rounds thru it and it is has the accuracy issue. I am tired of dealing with it.

Can anyone point me to an in stock factory 5" 9mm barrel?

-- update -- got the gun back from S&W. Info toward the bottom of this page.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a KKM.

Otherwise I have a factory one laying around somewhere that maybe has 100 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If the one you have is a newer version, 1 or 2 dot, IM me. Thanks for the info.

I should have been more clear. I looking for the barrels with the faster twist.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1 on KKM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a KKM.

Otherwise I have a factory one laying around somewhere that maybe has 100 rounds through it.

+1 on KKM.

+2 on the kkm barrels.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the kkm barrels be worth the extra $100? I know, the new factory barrels are hard to find, so is kkm my only choice?

One of the main issues with my older barrel is the twist, 1:18. I thought the KKMs are even slower. How does your KKM barrel handle different ammo? does it shoot all grain bullets accurately? I shoot almost solely 115gr jacketed RN.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
OP,

Call S&W.  I had the same issue with a .40 pro.  S&W replaced the barrel with the new design free.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I sent it back a couple of years ago. They sent it back saying it is "within spec". Total BS. 16" groups at 20 yards is never in spec.

Besides, the current wait times are months. After waiting months the first time and getting the middle finger, i would rather sell it than deal with their shitty customer service.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Best source for KKM? Direct?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I too am looking for a match barrel. Has anyone been able to compare the Storm Lake barrels to the KKM for the M&P. The main reason I'm looking at the Storm Lake is because I would like to have threads.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I too am looking for a match barrel. Has anyone been able to compare the Storm Lake barrels to the KKM for the M&P. The main reason I'm looking at the Storm Lake is because I would like to have threads.
View Quote

KKM doesn't have threaded M&P options?

I have a threaded KKM glock 19 barrel...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:37:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Just checked their website and found threaded barrels. Opps. I guess I should use google before posting...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Every site i've checked is OOS for the barrel i want, new design factory. I have a ticket in to send it back. Once i get the shipping label, i will ship it off.

I intiated the ticket compaining about reset, slide stop, trigger bar and groups. I am hoping i get the new trigger bar, slide stop and barrel. We'll see. I will update when i get it back. That might take a few months. I will try to keep this thread from the archives.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#13]
When did they start with a new barrel design? And what is said barrel differences? Forgive my ignorance.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When did they start with a new barrel design? And what is said barrel differences? Forgive my ignorance.
View Quote
I think they transitioned to the new barrel design in the Fall of '12. Picture shows the changes that were made.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#15]
How do KKM and Storm Lake compare?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#16]
original barrels were too slow a twist rate and in fall of 2013 they brought it up to about the same much faster  twist rate where Gock has always been, the big difference I noticed was shrinking the group size of my 147gr 9mm loads

you can also look down the barrel at the lands and grooves and tell, the older barrels seemed to have very little twist at all compared to the newer barrels
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#17]
How do the KKM barrels stack up against the Wilson Combat barrels?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm also curious. I have a Wilson G17 barrel and like it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aside from the obvious performance of the barrel I want to know what this fine print means at the bottom of the description for the Wilson Combat barrel:

"Note: Due to variations in pistol dimensions, installation in some pistols may require very minor material removal in the hood or locking lug area which most people can easily do themselves.  In some pistols your sights may require adjustment after installation."
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#20]
update: I finally got a shipping label today. I will be shipping it out early next week.

S&W has updated their ticket system this week. I got caught between the two systems. I called today and with the new ticket system, I had a shipping label in my inbox in 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#21]
OP-if S&W doesn't take care of you, contact me......I have a 5" I'm not using. (went to a threaded bbl)
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#22]
update: I spoke to S&W CS today. The pistol is already being evaluated. It should ship late next week. I am not holding my breath for late next week, but it does sound promising.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Update: I called today. They replaced the slide stop, barrel and adjusted the trigger. The pistol was sent to shipping today. Not bad. That is 12 business day at this point. I should have it in hand 2-5 business days.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Update: I received the repaired pistol today. The paperwork said, they replaced the barrel, slide stop and adjusted the trigger. edit: after putting my APEX parts back in, I noticed they replaced the factory sear with a new style performance center sear.

After inspection, they did give me a new style barrel with the 10 twist. The slide stop might be new, but it is the old style.

The trigger feels is ok, better than when I first bought it, better than the Core I tried today, and breaks just over 4.5 lbs. The trigger is slightly gritty, but much better than when it was new.

When I first bought it, like many 9mm Pros, it shot 6"-9" low at 20 yards with 6"-9" groups. Today it shoot POA/POI. With the front sight centered on the target, POI is at 6 o'clock just above the front sight.

Overall, I should be happy with the repairs, but the fiber optic on the front site is gone. Here is the biggie, the slide stop doesn't release on its own. The slide stop is rubbing the frame and will not drop when I pull the slide back. I have an email into the CS contact. I am thinking about ordering a new style trigger bar and new style slide stop and installing them myself and forgetting about S&W customer service. It is hard to believe they test fired it and didn't catch the slide stop issue. I am bummed.

Edit: I fixed the slide stop myself. I just slightly bent the longest tab on the slide stop. The part that catches the slide. It moves freely now. Now with the APEX parts, the trigger breaks at 4lbs and is much smoother. Other than the fiber optic, all is good.

1:10 twist. The debris must be from their test fire.

I was in a hurry, so I only ran 1 mag at 7 yards for a function test. Before the new barrel this would have been 3"-4" lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top