Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 5:20:47 PM EDT
Got this in a trade today. Stainless 645. Action is smooth as butter, trigger is far better than the Sig P220 I used to have. Can't wait to shoot it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. It's been a few years since I saw one of those. Makes me want to go watch Miami Vice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. It's been a few years since I saw one of those. Makes me want to go watch Miami Vice.
View Quote

Apparently they're not terribly common these days. This on is in fantastic condition. Looking forward to shooting it soon. Most things I've read about these is that they're dead nuts reliable and at least reasonably accurate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful gun.  I had some spare parts but they're all gone now.  Too bad, I just sold one of the old 645 mags with the stainless follower.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Apparently they're not terribly common these days. This on is in fantastic condition. Looking forward to shooting it soon. Most things I've read about these is that they're dead nuts reliable and at least reasonably accurate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Summit is selling them cheap
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Those things are tanks.  The second gen Smiths didn't stay in production very long.  Far more 3rd gens out there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The one thing I would recommend is putting loc-tite (blue) on the screw holding the right safety lever in. Those were notorious for coming loose and the safety coming off. Why S&W put a simple philips head screw on there is beyond me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The one thing I would recommend is putting loc-tite (blue) on the screw holding the right safety lever in. Those were notorious for coming loose and the safety coming off. Why S&W put a simple philips head screw on there is beyond me.
View Quote

Heh, yeah I noticed. I had read about that problem. Took it shooting the other day and within the first magazine it was almost off. Will definitely be picking up some lock tite.

This thing is accurate as hell for me. Moreso than the 1911 I recently sold (Citadel). Really enjoy shooting it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
In 30,000 years, after the fall and destruction of mankind, some race of aliens is going to stumble across the planet earth and find a S&W 645 and a case of ammo in some eons old collapsed neighborhood basement.

Those space aliens will have another 10,000 years of fun shooting that crazy steampunk looking slab of stainless steel.

They, like everyone who perished on earth over the prior 30,000 years will look up and wonder why they didn't discover how GOOD for the soul a giant brick of glistening, shines metal in your hand could be.

S&W autos......not just inter-generational, inter-civilizational.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Beautiful pistol, I hope you enjoy shooting it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#10]
The day I turned 21 ( 25 years ago) I went and bought my first hand gun. Of course it was a 645.  Had it for years and traded it for a new G17 which I hated!  Now I have a 4566 and 3913 . All my handguns except for my kimber are smith's.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I had an IPSC commemorative 745 (s.a.o) that was extremely accurate and very nice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top