Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 9:34:29 AM EDT
I just sent my 1911 to S&W for service. It was have FTF problems. They sent me a free shipping label and I was able to schedule a free pick up on their account. So far their customer service seems very good, they said 4-5 weeks turn around time.

For others who have experience with them before, is this pretty normal? Do they normally straiten things out okay and send you a list of what they fixed?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a lot of exp with S&W customer service.  They have never failed to impress me.  They give fast shipping labels, and a good turnaround time.  If they can't fix something they'll make it right, especially with a newer gun.  Have no fears.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a lot of exp with S&W customer service.  They have never failed to impress me.  They give fast shipping labels, and a good turnaround time.  If they can't fix something they'll make it right, especially with a newer gun.  Have no fears.
View Quote

My experience as well.  

I had a problematic M&P 9 and S&W took good care of me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My experience as well.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience as well.  

Mind if I ask what problems you had with your M&P9?  I've got one that is about a year or so old, and I am just getting around to putting a fair number of rounds through it.  Thing doesn't seem to like grouping at all, as each round (after the first shot which will hit the X) will go further and further towards the edge of the target.  It's all over the place as well, so not like the typical "my gun shoots to the left" issue.  I plan on calling S&W on Monday, but was curious what issues you had with yours...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had to use their CS a handfull of times over the years and they have always taken good care of me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I had to send my M&P Pro Series Core 9 in for failure to fire, They fixed it quick and did a good job. The only problem I had was it took them 2 weeks to send it back after it was fixed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to send a 657 back to them years ago, I was very happy with the service and turnaround.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
When I purchased my M&P45c, it was missing the small and large backstraps.  I called Smith, and they just shipped me the missing ones, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
It's been a month since I've sent it in. Still no word on when I'm getting my 1911 back or what they fixed. I called a couple weeks ago and they said it was being serviced but wouldn't say what or how long. Guess I'll call again Monday.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had good experience with their CS. The only time I didn't was when I sent them back a model 27 that the cylinder was rubbing against the forcing cone. They said that since the gun was so old (even though I bought it unfired NIB) they couldn't fix it for free. So it cost me about $75 for the repair. Other than that one time, I've been treated very fairly.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Last December my then 442 J-frame suffered from a broken hammer stud. Smith and Wesson replaced the gun with a new one and shipped it to my local FFL free of charge.  Total turnaround time was about 8 weeks. I'm very happy with how they took care of me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top