Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2014 2:39:27 AM EDT
Just picked up an M&P Shield 9mm and will be getting my CCW shortly. Any recommendations for IWB holsters? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I like Alien Gear myself.  Bought one for my G19 and it's pretty comfortable.  The kydex is replaceable, so I'm ordering one for my Shield so I can start carrying it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I got an Alien Gear for my 9mm Shield and love it. I didn't think this would be possible, but it is more comfortable than the CrossBreed Supertuck that I have for my Glock 26. The leather and kydex both are heavier than the Supertuck, which probably is why it is more comfortable. I love it and would definitely buy another one.

The only down side is the wait. I had to wait almost 3 weeks for it to come in after ordering it. Not a real big deal to me, I waited 5 weeks to get the Suertuck after I ordered it several years ago. They're good holsters and, as long as you don't need it right now, it is worth the wait.

Bub75
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
They are cheap huh? Like inexpensive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I can deal with a few weeks of waiting. I just need it by CCW class time is all.

What size are you guys? I'm 6'1, 230.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I was looking at Crossbreed and Old Faithful, but now definitely throwing Alien Gear into the mix. How would you guys rank those?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm 6' 5" 235 and I have the Crossbreed Supertuck. I like it a lot and I got mine in two weeks about a Month ago. I have a friend who likes his Alien Gear but I have not tried his, they are less expensive I think.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I like this one from Foxx Holsters.
Smaller because it only has one belt clip but that makes it a tad thicker.

http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com/OnlineCatalog/Little_FoxX__for_Smith___Wesson-details.aspx
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Carry my 40 in an Old Faithful.  5' 10", 230 lb.  Been carrying about 9  months, no problems so far.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a big fan of the PJ IWB, but he's running 10 weeks right now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a Desantis Intruder. Comfortable and easily concealable even in a light t-shirt.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for Foxx Holsters.  I have been using their Foxx Trapp kydex IWB for about 2 weeks now for my Shield.  No added bulk, easy to take on and off and $44 makes it worth looking at.  Fast free shipping too.  

You can't go wrong with any of the suggestions given so far.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC for my Shield. It's very comfortable, though it's pretty pricy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 4:04:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Pulled the trigger on the Alien Gear. For $37 amd with the reviews and warranty, I figured I couldn't go wrong.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pulled the trigger on the Alien Gear. For $37 amd with the reviews and warranty, I figured I couldn't go wrong.
View Quote

I think you'll like the Alien Gear holster.  I've been wearing mine daily for several weeks now and really like it. Easily the most comfortable holster I've ever worn, more comfortable even than my CrossBreed Supertuck. They aren't cheap, they are inexpensive. There is a definite difference between the two. I think you'll like it.

Bub75
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They are cheap huh? Like inexpensive.
View Quote

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/home
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think you'll like the Alien Gear holster.  I've been wearing mine daily for several weeks now and really like it. Easily the most comfortable holster I've ever worn, more comfortable even than my CrossBreed Supertuck. They aren't cheap, they are inexpensive. There is a definite difference between the two. I think you'll like it.

Bub75
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bub75

Excellent! I can't wait to receive mine. It's crqzy they cost 1/2 as much as Crossbreed, but rate just as equally high.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Take a close look at Galco's  Trident (?) ky-dx offering, pretty slick IMO.

On the other hand M. Sparks is making the VM II for Shields if you want to go whole hog.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Crossbreed super tuck or mini tuck -
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:36:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm using an inexpensive DeSantis SOF Tuck to carry mine and it does a fine job.  Very comfortable and the price was great.  I don't see any reason to go with a hybrid when something this small works so well, but that's just MHO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 5:28:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I am running a Galco Kingtuk and love it. Ran the same brand with a compact for 4 years...

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought a gcode but am still waiting for it to be made.

In the meantime I bought a DeSantis Pro Stealth which seems to work okay for now.

I've carried the super tuck with an Ultra Carry in the past and loved it.  Can't go wrong there.

ETA: That Alien Gear doesn't look bad. Cheap too, with a shell trade in if you change guns.

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought a Foxx IWB holster and have been pleased with it.  It is fairly inexpensive and was delivered within a week.  

I'd recommend it.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Off the grid concepts, all day.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#24]
My blade-tech nano has treated me well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I also have a foxx if it matters at this point.  It's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Blade tech klip.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I carry with a bianchi, model 100, size that fits the glock 26/27. (10T?)  the gun is slightly snug at the trigger guard but that stretched after a day or 2 and it's a remarkably good fit now. simple and not to much $.  Also makes me think that other leather/non kydex for the glock compacts would work o.k.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Also makes me think that other leather/non kydex for the glock compacts would work o.k.
View Quote

I had a IWB leather holster for my G27 it slid in with a little tightness around the trigger guard. I think a few days of carrying it and drawing it would have had it working nicely.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Still awaiting my holster from Alien Gear. Thursday marks 4 weeks since ordering. Stated 3-4 weeks to ship when I ordered.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:36:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Still awaiting my holster from Alien Gear. Thursday marks 4 weeks since ordering. Stated 3-4 weeks to ship when I ordered.
View Quote

You might want to contact them.  I ordered mine 3/29 and received it in less than a week.  They sent the shipment email 4/02.  Love the holster by the way, it's a great choice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You might want to contact them.  I ordered mine 3/29 and received it in less than a week.  They sent the shipment email 4/02.  Love the holster by the way, it's a great choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a Shield? Black or tan leather?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it was for a Shield.  Tan leather.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's moderately annoying. I understand being behind, but not fulfilling orders in the order they're ordered?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top