4/24/2014 6:00:25 PM
4/24/2014 10:21:04 AM
Page:  / 2
Next Page  
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2014 8:43:54 PM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
I'm so sick of sending stuff back to Smith and have it perform just like it did when I sent it in.

The reason that happens is simple. They get a gun, fix that which they think is useful, and then ordinarily fire one magazine per magazine returned. And declare victory if there were no malfunctions. A new replacement magazine may not even be test fired in your gun.
Dog1
U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M1
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2014 9:02:58 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
Voted Pi. I play with these on a regular basis and have seen some bad issues, but I will be buying the M&P version when it comes out.

Have you ever said anything negative about S&W guns?

How about we keep this on what the thread is about.

Oh, BTW, yea he has been critical of S&W.
Hansan: "This is a .30 caliber, gas operated, clip fed, semi-automatic rifle....."
Soldier: "Look, you ain't sellin it to me, you're only showing me how it works."
Crispyar
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2014 9:40:41 PM
I have the bg380. And love it. have over a thousand rounds through it with various ammo
And have never had a problem.
I have no fear with this being my ccw. Put it in your pocket and nobody has a clue it even there.
Except the wife when she's frisky. Lol.
The only issue I have with it is the long trigger. But after enough rounds u get used to it.
Besides that don't matter what kind of trigger u have when the shit hits the fan. U will will not notice any trigger
DanimalFL
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2014 9:44:48 PM
If you notice some people just have problems with everything they own.

And it's often the same people who buy something an think they need to upgrade a spring or something before they even have a problem.

I have run probably 250 rounds through mine without a single failure. The laser is fun to play with but not sure it is practical in a CCW situation.

Would I buy another probably but the ruger lcp is a little lighter and cheaper and since I figured out I don't need the laser I would probably get another LCP
TheTacticalCoyote
I Aim To Misbehave
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2014 10:29:13 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By DanimalFL:
If you notice some people just have problems with everything they own.

And it's often the same people who buy something an think they need to upgrade a spring or something before they even have a problem.

I have run probably 250 rounds through mine without a single failure. The laser is fun to play with but not sure it is practical in a CCW situation.

Would I buy another probably but the ruger lcp is a little lighter and cheaper and since I figured out I don't need the laser I would probably get another LCP

Funny you should say that. . . .
LCpl. Nigel K. Olsen March 4th, 2010 Southern Helmand Province Afghanistan
LCpl. Carlos C. Aragon March 1st, 2010 Southern Helmand Province Afghanistan
netra709
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2014 10:40:55 PM
Mine has been 100%. My only complaint is I think the sights suck. It has gone bang every time.
TheTacticalCoyote
I Aim To Misbehave
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2014 10:45:44 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By netra709:
Mine has been 100%. My only complaint is I think the sights suck. It has gone bang every time.

The only replacement sights I have found have been XS Sights.
LCpl. Nigel K. Olsen March 4th, 2010 Southern Helmand Province Afghanistan
LCpl. Carlos C. Aragon March 1st, 2010 Southern Helmand Province Afghanistan
LampShadeActual
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/6/2014 7:43:56 AM
[Last Edit: 1/6/2014 9:27:42 AM by LampShadeActual]
When my Kahr CW9 wouldn't work, the factory failed and I tried every known fix myself, but could not fix a frame too large in dimension to keep the mag from twisting off the mag catch as the plastic handle flexed.

With the BG380, I simply shot it and sent it back and forth to S&W. 7 FedEx rides. It never worked reliably. THEY replaced or modified every part except for the plastic over wrap around the chassis with the slide rail tabs. Their customer service people suggested giving up on that gun.

I happily admit buying guns that do not work, guns that do not work all the time, and guns that work perfectly all the time. I can tell the difference. And have enough I don't care what works or fails, but can accurately report the difference. I can happily list a string of S&W products that work perfectly. And others that did not.

LampShadeActual
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/6/2014 9:20:31 PM
The Glock M42 .380acp is real. Guns & Ammo has an article this month. Odd article in that it does not appear to have been shot for the story.

5.9"x4.1"x0.94" @ 13.4 ounces 6+1

Perhaps there is no need to see if the new BG380 redesigned to delete the InSight Technologies laser from the plastic handle works or not. But who cares?

The M42 seems the answer if you really want an easy to shoot .380acp. But it also looks to near duplicate a Shield with a 7 round magazine installed. So why would we buy a .380acp when the same size is available in 9mm? So many guns and so little money!
SharnPenndroen
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/7/2014 4:41:56 PM
I fired mine a lot when I had it. Since it was my primary carry gun, I shot it at every range session. The hammer broke on it. Snapped right in half. Clearly this was not a malfunction that I could clear on the spot. S&W fixed it, no problem there. Before that the laser quit working so I sent Insight the laser unit out of it, and they replaced it. It is the still my favorite 380, I owned, but I just didn't feel like I could trust it after the hammer broke.
SharnPenndroen
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/7/2014 4:46:30 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By LampShadeActual:
The Glock M42 .380acp is real. Guns & Ammo has an article this month. Odd article in that it does not appear to have been shot for the story.

5.9"x4.1"x0.94" @ 13.4 ounces 6+1

Perhaps there is no need to see if the new BG380 redesigned to delete the InSight Technologies laser from the plastic handle works or not. But who cares?

The M42 seems the answer if you really want an easy to shoot .380acp. But it also looks to near duplicate a Shield with a 7 round magazine installed. So why would we buy a .380acp when the same size is available in 9mm? So many guns and so little money!

This. There are several good reliable 9mm on the market now that I can pocket carry. Glad to be out of the 380 guns all together.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/8/2014 8:01:23 PM
Mine has worked w/o any issues. I've put about 150rds through it (Winchester, Wolf, Remington), no failures of any kind. The trigger pull is much heavier than I expected and took some getting used to, now it's no problem. I carry it in a Remora IWB holster or just in my pocket. So far, so good...
sandboxmedic
This space for rent
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/8/2014 9:09:03 PM
My best friend carries one and seems to be happy with it. He'd planned to buy an LCP after shooting mine but decided to try the S&W instead. I think he's put about 500rnds through it and so far no issues that he's mentioned. Last time I saw it, it was dirty from having been in his pocket while we were working some dove fields (planting) and he still emptied the mag without any issues (he loads it with Speer Gold Dots). I've shot it and while I liked it alright, I'll stick with my LCP for a pocket gun due to it's smaller size. On a side note, I actually just ordered a Shield from PSA today since they have them on sale for $359.
You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. -Calvin
scasgas07
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/8/2014 9:51:32 PM
I have carried mine quite a bit, and I love the gun. I shot a lot of practice ammo with it when I first got it to get used to the long trigger. The only problem I have had in the hundreds of rounds I have shot was with hard primers on some old S&B ammo.

I trust my BG380 and wont be getting rid of it any time soon.
LampShadeActual
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2014 8:07:10 AM
[Last Edit: 1/16/2014 7:40:46 AM by LampShadeActual]
Interesting. Poll maintaining roughly 1:3. 27%:73%
LampShadeActual
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/16/2014 7:41:35 AM
Staying same 1:3

oldrock
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/16/2014 2:07:11 PM
[Last Edit: 1/16/2014 2:12:08 PM by oldrock]
+1 yes vote for mine. It is primarily my wife's cc gun but we have both shot about 500 rounds thru it so it probably has about a thousand rounds thru it over the 2 years we've had it. We had a couple failure to fires in the first 100 rounds but none since. I will say that I did a buff and polish treatment which I do to all my handguns. I have to agree the trigger isn't the best but with a nice polish on the parts, it isn't too bad. The recoil is pretty stiff but wife can shoot it fine for self defense. We have 3 mags for ours (2 w finger extension and one flat). Happy with out purchase. BTW, I also have the keltec PF9 which is about the same size and a 9mm and wife can also shoot it so I've been tempted to just pick up another PF9 so we both carry the same.

pic of the 380

and pic of the PF9 for comparison
Page:  / 2
Next Page