• Team Member
  • Jun 2008
  • USA TX, USA
Bronze
  • Team Member
  • Jun 2008
  • USA TX, USA
Posted: 4/20/2013 2:54:39 PM EST
For people who've been concerned about the broken firing pin and light strike issues, Galloway Precision is apparently working on a tool-steel firing pin and higher rate mainspring and it's their top priority based on the prevalence of emails they've received regarding both issues.

I received an email saying the part print on the firing pin is done and would be submitted to a manufacturer for bid yesterday. The spring is being modeled by their spring maker.

I'm looking forward to being able to trust my otherwise very shootable pocket pistol again.

Couldn't hurt to let Galloway know if you're looking forward to this-- should keep things rolling along.

The've also got an improved trigger bar on the way apparently, though I'm not sure how the combination of it and the higher rate spring will affect shootability.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. ~Paine
Basic
  • Aug 2005
  • USA USA
Basic
  • Aug 2005
  • USA USA
  • Link To Post: Click
Posted: 4/20/2013 5:51:06 PM EST
This would be great. These will sell well.
I beat the ATF.
Lifetime Member
  • Life Member
  • Dec 2005
  • USA TX, USA
Lifetime Member
  • Life Member
  • Dec 2005
  • USA TX, USA
NRA
Posted: 4/21/2013 6:34:27 AM EST
I'm fine with the trigger. I'd prefer a barrel that isn't MIM.
Sometimes, the only way to convince someone they're wrong is to shoot them in the face.

You have the right to be offended.
What goes down must blow up.
Bronze
  • Team Member
  • Jun 2008
  • USA TX, USA
Bronze
  • Team Member
  • Jun 2008
  • USA TX, USA
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:09:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By FP2000H:
I'm fine with the trigger. I'd prefer a barrel that isn't MIM.

I was unaware of this. Just looked it up.

Apparently I've got a collector's piece.

Fuck Smith & Wesson. That laser is a POS too, but I just took the batteries out and loctited the screw. I'm done with their cheap construction and QC. My BG will hopefully be made gtg by the GP parts but I'll be damned if I ever take a chance on S&W's incompetent, bean counting engineers again. Customer service may be responsive generally but I've found them to be ignorant part-swappers trained to lie about endemic issues, and they can't help you in a gunfight.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. ~Paine
Nonsense personified
Bronze
  • Team Member
  • Mar 2009
  • USA AZ, USA
Bronze
  • Team Member
  • Mar 2009
  • USA AZ, USA
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:54:32 PM EST
My old bodyguards have barrels that look completely different than the new mim ones. This MIM business is becoming ridiculous, as I gave seen MIM parts explode where a machined part will bend/expand.

I will definitely get the machined strikers
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
-Nikita Khrushchev

Posts dictated but not read.