Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2013 3:54:39 PM EDT
For people who've been concerned about the broken firing pin and light strike issues, Galloway Precision is apparently working on a tool-steel firing pin and higher rate mainspring and it's their top priority based on the prevalence of emails they've received regarding both issues.

I received an email saying the part print on the firing pin is done and would be submitted to a manufacturer for bid yesterday.  The spring is being modeled by their spring maker.

I'm looking forward to being able to trust my otherwise very shootable pocket pistol again.  

Couldn't hurt to let Galloway know if you're looking forward to this-- should keep things rolling along.

The've also got an improved trigger bar on the way apparently, though I'm not sure how the combination of it and the higher rate spring will affect shootability.

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
This would be great. These will sell well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm fine with the trigger. I'd prefer a barrel that isn't MIM.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm fine with the trigger. I'd prefer a barrel that isn't MIM.

I was unaware of this.  Just looked it up.  

Apparently I've got a collector's piece.

Fuck Smith & Wesson.  That laser is a POS too, but I just took the batteries out and loctited the screw. I'm done with their cheap construction and QC.  My BG will hopefully be made gtg by the GP parts but I'll be damned if I ever take a chance on S&W's incompetent, bean counting engineers again.  Customer service may be responsive generally but I've found them to be ignorant part-swappers trained to lie about endemic issues, and they can't help you in a gunfight.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
My old bodyguards have barrels that look completely different than the new mim ones. This MIM business is becoming ridiculous, as I gave seen MIM parts explode where a machined part will bend/expand.

I will definitely get the machined strikers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top