Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Replaced the trigger in my mp40 pro with a polymer Action Enhancement trigger kit.

I did not like the harsh curve of the hinged factory trigger

New trigger feels way better to me.

Everything seems to be functioning properly, but I had a small spring left over that came with the trigger kit.

I never noticed anything about it in the instructional video.

Do I need it for anything?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to say its a heavier sear spring to make the pull harder. My 9C with the duty/carry springs and polymer AEK has like zero slack and is super light. However I used the stock striker block spring because the one that apex gave me got shredded when I was installing my rear sights again so that could be why.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 55sixer:
Replaced the trigger in my mp40 pro with a polymer Action Enhancement trigger kit.

I did not like the harsh curve of the hinged factory trigger

New trigger feels way better to me.

Everything seems to be functioning properly, but I had a small spring left over that came with the trigger kit.

I never noticed anything about it in the instructional video.

Do I need it for anything?
View Quote

I believe it is for the older sear that uses the small spring.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Raining_Brass] [#4]
So I'm on the verge of buying an M&P 5" Pro Core. I've shot M&P's, but never owned one. I know before I even shoot the gun, I definitely want an Apex kit because well, M&P triggers just flat out suck. Don't want to hurt any feelings but they just do.
I'm assuming this kit would work with a Pro Core?

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191836
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Is anyone else very unimpressed with the duty kit? The take up might be a touch more smooth but it feels stiffer...

I'm glad I didn't spend money on it..
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I really liked the duty kit.  I should have stopped there instead of adding the polymer trigger.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the polymer trigger and the DCAEK, but I kept the original striker block spring so its a little bit less of a pull.

Out of all my handguns, my MP9C with the DCAEK, polymer trigger, and Trijicon HD sights gives me the most precise results.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone put the aluminum AEK trigger in their shield?

Looking for any feedback on it.

Im sick of waiting for the polymer version, kind of eyeing the red one.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jjustice1228] [#9]
So I want to put the polymer trigger kit in my 9c but it was built in March of 2010 so I need to buy the new version sear block housing. Is there anywhere to buy the SBH other than Midway or Brownells? they are both out of stock and have no ETA. Any help greatly appreciated.

NVM: got a stripped one from Seed Shooters and ordered a polymer trigger/ FSS kit. Should all be here next week. I'm ready.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Have shot several M&P versions and always hated the trigger. Bought a 9MM full size on the cheap and had them drop in the Apex M&P Aluminum Forward Set Sear and Trigger Kit. Completely different animal. Several hundred rounds in and already considering it as my primary carry gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a question that I haven't been able to find an answer to on this thread, I've probably overlooked it somewhere.  But I'm gonna ask anyway.

APEX's website says that the FSS requires the use of sear housing block designed for large size sear plunger and spring (Current production as of June 2011).

My M&P .45 ACP was made in 2009.  I called Brownells and they didn't have a clue about this.  Has anyone had this issue where your gun is pre 2011 production and you've had to replace the sear block in order to install the FSS?

If so where did you find the sear block at?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:54:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LordsOfDiscipline] [#12]
Originally Posted By abnpete:
I have a question that I haven't been able to find an answer to on this thread, I've probably overlooked it somewhere.  But I'm gonna ask anyway.

APEX's website says that the FSS requires the use of sear housing block designed for large size sear plunger and spring (Current production as of June 2011).

My M&P .45 ACP was made in 2009.  I called Brownells and they didn't have a clue about this.  Has anyone had this issue where your gun is pre 2011 production and you've had to replace the sear block in order to install the FSS?

View Quote

Same deal with my M&P 45.  The gunsmith that installed my kit ordered the sear block from S&W and is a S&W service center.  The part was $28 and I had to wait about four weeks.

eta I mentioned this in a post on page 9 dated 1-31-15.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I just picked up an m&p 9 a couple days ago.  I'm on the fence between picking up the DCAEK and the one that has the polymer trigger.  Any reason to go with one over the other?

Fwiw, I'm leaning toward the replacement trigger because I hate the overly curved factory trigger.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:31:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bcmrofl:
I just picked up an m&p 9 a couple days ago.  I'm on the fence between picking up the DCAEK and the one that has the polymer trigger.  Any reason to go with one over the other?

Fwiw, I'm leaning toward the replacement trigger because I hate the overly curved factory trigger.
View Quote

Just replacing the trigger with the $40 polymer trigger will make a world of difference.  

I also couldn't stand the harsh curve of the factory trigger, and went this route.  Couldn't be happier with the new one.  

Im sure replacing other trigger parts would make it even better, but for $40, the new polymer trigger changes the whole feel of the gun and is a great improvement.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Just replacing the trigger with the $40 polymer trigger will make a world of difference.  

I also couldn't stand the harsh curve of the factory trigger, and went this route.  Couldn't be happier with the new one.  

Im sure replacing other trigger parts would make it even better, but for $40, the new polymer trigger changes the whole feel of the gun and is a great improvement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I considered that but I was hoping to lighten the pull a bit because this thing has the heaviest trigger of all my firearms.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I considered that but I was hoping to lighten the pull a bit because this thing has the heaviest trigger of all my firearms.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By abnpete:

View Quote

My 9c was from 2010 soI had to replace my SHB. I got a stripped one  and a new plunger and spring from Speed Shooter Specialties and switched over the other parts from my old one. Then I put in the polymer trigger kit with the FSS and it worked perfect. Mine has the external safety so It was the only thing I could find. I originally ordered the wrong block but they helped me out. It was a real bitch to find any place that had the blocks in stock. Glad I did though, the trigger and kit make this a whole new gun to me. Shoots like a dream now. It looks like they are sold out now too. You just have to keep looking and hopefully get lucky.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I've had the flat face on my M&P for awhile now and love it. I agree with the title... It will make you fall in love all over again.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I put all of the APEX mods on my Shield 9mm and it shoots great now!!  Less takeup and over travel, consistent 4lb 4oz trigger pull from shot to shot. Mine had a 8lb 2oz to over 9lb trigger pull (my trigger gauge wouldn't register over 9lbs) when I got it. It's very accurate out to 25 yards also. My usual practice range is 5 to 35 ft.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I've recently picked up a M&P Shield 9.  Its my first S&W and I don't have any experience with other M&P's.  The trigger isn't as bad as I was expecting, but like others, I'd really like to see what an APEX kit can do for me.  Also, I'm not a big fan of the hinged trigger.  I'd really like to replace that with something else.

I've read all 11 pages of this thread and I'm not seeing very much info on the Shield.

I see on the APEX site that they offer an "APEX M&P Shield Carry Kit", a standard "Duty/Carry enhancement package", and a "Flat Trigger" Duty/Carry enhancement package?  What would you recommend?

I've never used anything with a flat trigger like that? What is the general consensus on the flat trigger? Do most guys like the flat trigger better?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diamondback] [#21]
Originally Posted By 1Wolf:
I've recently picked up a M&P Shield 9.  Its my first S&W and I don't have any experience with other M&P's.  The trigger isn't as bad as I was expecting, but like others, I'd really like to see what an APEX kit can do for me.  Also, I'm not a big fan of the hinged trigger.  I'd really like to replace that with something else.

I've read all 11 pages of this thread and I'm not seeing very much info on the Shield.

I see on the APEX site that they offer an "APEX M&P Shield Carry Kit", a standard "Duty/Carry enhancement package", and a "Flat Trigger" Duty/Carry enhancement package?  What would you recommend?

I've never used anything with a flat trigger like that? What is the general consensus on the flat trigger? Do most guys like the flat trigger better?

Thanks!
View Quote

If your budget allows do the full kit plus trigger. I did the carry kit first and then did the trigger a few weeks later. It cost me more to do it that way. Cheaper to got the whole setup from the start. I used the Shield Action Enhancement Trigger.and like it very much. When my back gives me trouble the Shield is my choice for carry. It's either the Shield or no carry, I'll carry the Shield!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Has APEX given up on a polymer trigger for the Shield?  Lot of products being released, and I am sure they are awesome, but no updates on a polymer trigger for the Shield.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:51:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Wolf] [#23]
I've installed a full trigger/duty APEX kit on my Shield.  While I love the trigger (no more hinged trigger ), its much smoother...the trigger pull itself actually feels heavier than stock.  I didn't put a trigger pull gauge on it when it had the stock trigger but with the APEX Trigger/Duty kit its around 7 pounds.  In the greater scheme of things thats not crazy heavy or anything...but it really does 'feel' heavier than the stock trigger did.

Anyone else experience the same thing or have some advice/recommendations for a solution?

UPDATE for any that might have the same question:

I e-mailed that same question to Apex and they responded that I should check to see if my trigger return spring was installed upside down (which it wasn't).  Otherwise they recommended that I could remove the Apex trigger turn spring and re-install the stock trigger return spring to shave about a pound.  That worked perfectly.  Trigger pull is around 4.5 to 5 pounds now.  Feels much better.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 2:28:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Something I quickly learned after installing the polymer trigger was that I was using too much trigger finger when shooting my M&P.  
By locating the trigger safety I now consistently center the first finger pad.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I installed the polymer AEK trigger on my full size and its 100% better than stock, is it worth the extra $ to add the Dcaek kit and how much more will it improve the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:48:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#26]
I'm very interested, and ready to buy some apex parts

Can't decide on the duty kit or comp kit

I want a nice trigger, and it is my primary carry gun. Mp40c. Stock trigger I notice while dry firing the front site does move a lot and a lot of my shots end up on paper off center . I've tried all the finger positions, etc. I'm hoping for accuracy and better cleaner break. The gun was bought new in mid 2014. I'm not a glock guy but when I was shooting my fathers 23 side by side, I was hitting ALOT more accurate with it but still chose the smith due to feel in the hand and the way it pointed.  

How hard is it to slide the rear sight over and realign it to center?  Is it worth the change that piece?
And I've read before about keeping the stock trigger spring for better results?

Eta: I just ordered the dcaek with help of YouTube, research on forums as well as contacting apex. I hope it's good as they say.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#27]
picking up my 9 compact tomorrow, got the poly trigger and the duty/carry installed.   Hoping for a little lighter pull 5-6lb, less pretravel takeup, and overtravel cleaned up.    The competitive/FSS seemed too light for me as a carry.   hope it turns out!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#28]
I just installed the dcaek. Minus the striker block and left the factory trigger spring in.

What a difference already. I love it.  Not sure on pull weight I now have but it breaks ALOT cleaner.  
Not sure if I should try their spring but I do really like the pull now.  Now I need to go to the range.

After I get night sights I'll put the striker block in.

Eta: I got brass punches heated up the set screw with my grill lighter (didn't want to bust out my acetylene torch) with the slide upside down to get the most heat from the lighter, screw turned right out, hit it with kroil, let it sit for 2 minutes, punched right over and swapped out the block and spring. Easy to do. Used my small machinist rule to get it back center. Perfect

What a difference. Wish smith did this all from the get go
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Any idea how a heavy trigger MA compliant gun would come out with the APEX dcaek in it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
5.5lbs ish.

It replaces trigger spring sear spring and striker block spring.

Leave in the factory springs for it to be compliant I believe

Link Posted: 2/28/2016 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:26:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jimk60] [#32]
Read first 2 pages and last 3. Lot of interest in the Apex upgrades.

I have 3 M&P's, pre 2011 9mm FS, post 2011 .40 FS and a 40 shield.

The .40 FS has the comp kit with stock trigger, and shoots like a dream.

The shield has the DCAEK with the stock trigger, and also shoots like a dream.

I have the stock trigger spring in the .40, which gives it a 4 lb pull, The comp trigger spring was just to light for me. Did not measure it.

The Shield with the DCAEK is 4.5 lbs.

I purchased the pre 2011 9mm to use as an alternate upper on the 40, so I could shoot 9mm in steel comp.

Didn't take long to figure out just how inaccurate the older 9 was. Not measured, but it is really bad.
Read about the new Apex barrel and the FFFSS (Flat Faced Forward Set Sear), so I ordered the barrel and the FFFSS kit.

THEN I found out about the sear block. Had to order a stripped one from Speed Shooters. I'm glad they have it. Brownells won't or can't carry it.
Got the trigger kit installed, and WOW, love it.
Measures at 3.5 lbs with the light trigger spring.  One complaint, Apex doesn't specify which spring is which, only that one is silver and the other is blue.  
The trigger now comes with the trigger bar pin started. The video suggests using a vise to start the pin, after trying a small hammer, I agree. The vise is the only way to start the pin and attach the trigger bar. Once the trigger bar is captured finish as they show in the video. Trigger bar did require adjustment, but if you follow the Apex video on adjusting the trigger bar, it works perfectly

BTW, the new kits come with a plastic alignment pin for the trigger block. Older kits came with a metal one.  I had problems with install using the plastic pin. I found one of the older metal ones. The install of the trigger block with the trigger spring went perfect with the use of the metal alignment pin.

Have not installed the barrel yet. Read of several issue with the semi drop in. Hopefully they have been addressed. I received a fairly recent mfg, had to wait almost a month for delivery. Ordered Feb 4, received Feb. 24th. So hopefully, this one will not have the issues reported in another thread.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Picked up my 9C last week and was finally able to shoot it today.

I put the AEK aluminum trigger in it only. No extra springs or other parts. I did install a safety to try. I kinda like the safety.

Boy, you really have to put your fingertip dead center of that trigger huh?! It hung up on me a few times in 300 rounds. It always fired, but I'd have to reposition my finger a few times to get it to fire. My pistol didn't require any loop adjustment to get it to fire. Do I maybe need to make a small adjustment?
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 8:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jimk60] [#34]
The loop adjustment is only required if you replace the trigger and the sear. The timing is different on the sear.

The flat faced forward set trigger is really nice. If you are used to shooting a 1911, it is very 1911 like.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Jimk60:

THEN I found out about the sear block.
View Quote

What about the sear block?
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:50:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By FishKepr:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Originally Posted By Jimk60:

THEN I found out about the sear block.

The older small sear housing blocks are not usable for Apex kits. They used to include a spring for them, then they stopped, but they would drill them, now you need the gen 2 or gen 3 (vtac) sear housing block.

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I installed the Apex Duty/Carry kit about six months ago and it was a nice improvement. Didn't knock me off my feet, but it was worth the money and the time.

A few weeks ago, I installed the Apex Trigger Kit. Now it is awesome. It's absolutely perfect.

The smooth, crisp action actually helped me tighten up my groups at the range with this pistol.

If you're thinking about the Duty/Carry Kit or the Trigger Kit... GET BOTH.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rascalious] [#38]
+1 Agree whole - heartedly! Love the 4 pound trigger pull ! I kept the original return spring and did not use the Apex one (5.5 pound). I splurged and bought the MGW sight tool - so easy to remove and replace the Shield sights. I installed Trijicon night sights in the process. Everything is Awesome now. !!! Also, I highly recommend the Uplula speed loader.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I installed the DCAEK on my 09/2015 born M&P 9 and it made very little change,  I have not shot it yet but dry fire I cant really tell a change in the trigger other than it breaks a little cleaner,  it was not bad to start with and I found a set on the EE at good price so I put it in.  

will shoot it and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#40]
special Freedom edition trigger kits available starting today

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#41]
So I finally was able to acquire a DCAEK for my M&P40.  I already installed the new striker block and spring.  I was a little worried because I heard so many horror stories about trying to remove the rear sights but worked out great.  The sight came off far easier than I anticipated.  I installed the slide in a vise with strips of leather on each side to protect it.  Then I held a soldering iron tip on the screw for about 5-8 seconds.  Had my sister hold a small piece of softish plastic on the sight while I lightly tapped it with a dead blow hammer.  It took a couple taps but it started moving far easier than I anticipated and off it came.

Tomorrow (hopefully) I'll attempt installing the rest of the kit.  I've watched the videos multiple times and I'll have my laptop set up next to the work area so I can refer back to it if needed.  Is there anything not covered in the video that I should be aware of before starting? Helpful hints and such?

Also, after swapping the APEX striker block and spring I noticed a huge improvement but the trigger is still sort of a pain in the butt.  It's now much smoother and the kitty litter crunch is gone but you really have to make sure you are on that lower part of the trigger to get it to pull smoothly.  Ride up too high and it gets a little rough.  I doubt I can afford a new trigger set up for this gun but I should at least know what there is for better choices.  Is there a trigger swap out there to get rid of that problem that's not too crazy expensive?  What do you all prefer?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I have the curved Apex trigger in MP Shield and I noticed the same issue with the trigger safety causing issues with the trigger if you place you finger high on the trigger.  I was disappointed with that and had to train myself to pull low on the trigger.  In fact on my shield, if I place my finger too high it will not disengage the the trigger safety and will prevent the gun from going off.  I always wondered if the Apex straight trigger was any better with the trigger safety due to change in geometry.  The Apex trigger was much better than the crap that was originally in the shield and glad I swapped it out. I wish the trigger safety was like the VP9 in which I can put my finger anywhere on the trigger to disengage it and have it shoot without it dragging on the frame if I'm too high on the trigger.

I have a MP 40L Performance Center and it has a much better trigger than the original shield trigger.  The trigger definitely got better over the course of about first 1000 rounds and it is now as light as my Apex trigger on my Shield but still does not have the positive reset of the RAM in the Apex kit.  That part does not bother me as it may bother other people as I have stated many times in other discussions about the Apex trigger.  I'm probably not upgrading this 40L to the Apex trigger because the cost to benefit ratio is too low to me.  The Apex trigger is the best in the MP series from what I know; so good luck with your purchase and keep practicing as it may get better over time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By daddytallguy:
I have the curved Apex trigger in MP Shield and I noticed the same issue with the trigger safety causing issues with the trigger if you place you finger high on the trigger.  I was disappointed with that and had to train myself to pull low on the trigger.  In fact on my shield, if I place my finger too high it will not disengage the the trigger safety and will prevent the gun from going off.  I always wondered if the Apex straight trigger was any better with the trigger safety due to change in geometry.  The Apex trigger was much better than the crap that was originally in the shield and glad I swapped it out. I wish the trigger safety was like the VP9 in which I can put my finger anywhere on the trigger to disengage it and have it shoot without it dragging on the frame if I'm too high on the trigger.

I have a MP 40L Performance Center and it has a much better trigger than the original shield trigger.  The trigger definitely got better over the course of about first 1000 rounds and it is now as light as my Apex trigger on my Shield but still does not have the positive reset of the RAM in the Apex kit.  That part does not bother me as it may bother other people as I have stated many times in other discussions about the Apex trigger.  I'm probably not upgrading this 40L to the Apex trigger because the cost to benefit ratio is too low to me.  The Apex trigger is the best in the MP series from what I know; so good luck with your purchase and keep practicing as it may get better over time.
View Quote

I'm considering the Apex AEK trigger but I don't know if it will make that much difference.  If I do decide to get one then I gotta decide between polymer and aluminum .  The polymer is more rounded which at least seems to be a better choice but maybe the aluminum with the more squared edges would work better.  If I didn't love how well this M&P feels overall I'd have ditched it long ago for something that didn't need all this upgrading to make it worth a damn.   Smith and Wesson should be tarred and feathered for releasing these guns with such a POS trigger.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Daytona955i:
The older small sear housing blocks are not usable for Apex kits. They used to include a spring for them, then they stopped, but they would drill them, now you need the gen 2 or gen 3 (vtac) sear housing block.  
View Quote

I have a pre-2011 M&P 45 with the 4.5" barrel and thumb safety. Do you know if I will need a new slide or housing block so I can use the Apex kit?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By EMSDiver1:

I have a pre-2011 M&P 45 with the 4.5" barrel and thumb safety. Do you know if I will need a new slide or housing block so I can use the Apex kit?
View All Quotes

Mine is a 2012 M&P40 and it worked just fine but I'd contact Apex Tactical and ask them if the kit will work with your gun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 2:53:00 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Pull the sear and measure the diameter of the plunger.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered a kit (Thin Blue Line ) for my 4.25 EDC....WOW!

Love it so much, my kit (same) should be here tomorrow.

A hair over $650 for a plastic gun......almost a grand in the 5" CORE model.

Well worth it
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Competition action enhancement kit installed in a CORE performance center 9. Trigger pull measured 5.8 before, 3.4 now. Love this gun even more now. It is my competition gun so I don't carry it, but considering a duty kit and trigger for my other M&P 9 and my shield.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:09:01 AM EDT
[#49]
So.....finally got a chance to test out my M&P40 after installing the DCAEK.  The trigger was WAY smoother, a huge difference.  Unfortunately the triggers pull weight is way too heavy to shoot accurately.  The DCAEK definitely fixed the terrible grittiness it had from the factory but it's far from being acceptable in my opinion.  I was shooting beautiful tight groups with my Beretta 92A1 and my STI Elektra .45acp but I couldn't get my M&P to shoot anything remotely close to either of them.  I don't have a trigger pull weight gauge so I can't compare the M&P with the other two but it's definitely heavier.  I'm not even sure if the trigger weight is the entire problem, for some reason I just can't get the gun to shoot as accurately as it should.  It feels great in the hand so that's not a problem, the trigger is very smooth now so that's no longer a problem.  I guess the next step is lighten the trigger pull weight.

I think I read that some folks left in a factory spring instead of using the spring in the DCAEK to significantly decrease the pull weight, is that true?  What do I need to do to lighten up my trigger?  Suggestions are all welcome
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#50]
My M&P9 is manufactured June 2011, does anyone know if the DCAEK kit is going to work as is?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top