Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 10:47:25 AM EDT
You guys are the experts so I need your help.  I'm looking to pick up either a 92A1 or M9A1 for duty use.  I don't like plastic guns and I don't feel they are as accurate as metal guns.  I currently use a P226 in 40 because I feel that's the best platform for the caliber just like I feel Beretta is the best platform for the 9mm (and the 1911 for the 45).  Having trouble locating a holster.  Many that I find list the ITI rail along with the light.  Do I need to find one specific to the 92a1 and m9a1 or will the ones listed with the ITI rail work?  Ft Hood is within driving distance of me so I should be able to find a holster there.  I just haven't bought the pistol yet so I won't have it to test fit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can get into the PX they have a whole tier1 shop in there now.  They may have some pimp holsters for the 92.  At the minimum you could buy a bulk pack of batteries for your weapon lights!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The 92a1 has a round trigger guard, the m9a1 has a square trigger guard so that will make a difference in holster fit unless your mounting a light.

I did have a custom kydex made for my compact with tlr1.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#3]
My fault here.  I plan to mount a TLR1 if at all possible.  If my only route is a Surefire X300, then I may have to set aside a little extra money.

Quoted:
You guys are the experts so I need your help.  I'm looking to pick up either a 92A1 or M9A1 for duty use.  I don't like plastic guns and I don't feel they are as accurate as metal guns.  I currently use a P226 in 40 because I feel that's the best platform for the caliber just like I feel Beretta is the best platform for the 9mm (and the 1911 for the 45).  Having trouble locating a holster.  Many that I find list the ITI rail along with the light.  Do I need to find one specific to the 92a1 and m9a1 or will the ones listed with the ITI rail work?  Ft Hood is within driving distance of me so I should be able to find a holster there.  I just haven't bought the pistol yet so I won't have it to test fit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
There's a safariland in the EE that would be perfect.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Safariland for duty use. I think it's the 3580 or 3583.

I'd go with the 92A1 over the M9A1. Swap the safety to the WC low profile one and change out the sights.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The holster you are looking for is the Safariland 3084-73. This holster will work with the 92A1 or M9A1. It works with any light or laser. You can also use the holster without a light attached to the gun. This Safariland holster works by locking onto the slide rather than the trigger guard. The holster is completely modular and ambidextrous. Using Safarilands quick release fork system you can move the holster from platform to platform in seconds. You can go from a drop leg to a belt mount almost instantly.
This is a duty type holster and is a little bulky to be a concealment holster.

Unfortunately Safariland has discontinued this model and the only place you can find them is on eBay or the EE. I'm not trying to make this a sale post but I do have a complete set up for sale on the EE. In my ad there is also a video demonstrating this holster. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_161/1663719_Safariland-3084-73-holster--platform-and-mag-pouches--75-shipped.html

These holsters can be found in black, FDE, OD green and Foliage green. Though the OD and Foliage versions seem to be very rare.

My FDE set up.

By utilizing the QLM mounts on my holsters and the mounting plates on my various platforms I can also swap out holster set ups in seconds. This is especially useful when setting up a holster for a battle belt or PC. I can swap out different guns without the hassle of remounting everything.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The holster you are looking for is the Safariland 3084-73.
View Quote
Thanks for the tip.  Mine came in today, along with every whiz-bang attachment known to man, and a healthy coating of Iraqi dust.

It does indeed fit a 92A1 with a TLR-1 attached.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:30:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip.  Mine came in today, along with every whiz-bang attachment known to man, and a healthy coating of Iraqi dust.

It does indeed fit a 92A1 with a TLR-1 attached.
View Quote
They are great holsters. I sold the black one I had listed. I only have my FDE one with a bunch of accessories to use it with various mounts. My favorite set up I have found yet is a smaller profile, light weight set up that uses the paddle for easy on, easy off situations. It is in my truck right now but I will snap a photo in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
M9A1 is definitely easier than the 92A1. The M9A1 can use holsters designed for the Vertec. 

If its a duty gun I'd look at Safariland holsters. The 6004 SLS I have fits every Beretta I've owned just fine (90-TWO (same fit as 92A1), M9A1, Vertec), and I know they make other holsters specifically for the M9A1/Vertec. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw a picture on a FB group but I can't find it now- was a Safariland 92a1/9a1 holster for an x300u looked to be one of the multicam fabric wrapped ones and only have the ALS thumb release (no hood). Any ideas? My search on their site has got zilch
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Saw a picture on a FB group but I can't find it now- was a Safariland 92a1/9a1 holster for an x300u looked to be one of the multicam fabric wrapped ones and only have the ALS thumb release (no hood). Any ideas? My search on their site has got zilch
View Quote
Reach out to Holster OPs. If it is a Safariland rig they can find it or order it.

https://holsterops.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top