Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2017 9:08:06 AM EDT
I have wilsonized both my M9 and my Brigadier....I'm heading out shortly to pick up a M9A1, I have been looking for one for awhile now, but everyone is in the $600 range around here... this guy had it FS for $450 so I made a Equal trade offer.
just a few quick questions, now that I will have a changeable front sight, what non 3 dot options are out there for the M9A1?   I like a fiber optic front with blacked out rear
also D springs seem to be sold out everywhere,  it's my understanding that a 16#  hammer spring is pretty close to the D.. correct?  
thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have wilsonized both my M9 and my Brigadier....I'm heading out shortly to pick up a M9A1, I have been looking for one for awhile now, but everyone is in the $600 range around here... this guy had it FS for $450 so I made a Equal trade offer.
just a few quick questions, now that I will have a changeable front sight, what non 3 dot options are out there for the M9A1?   I like a fiber optic front with blacked out rear
also D springs seem to be sold out everywhere,  it's my understanding that a 16#  hammer spring is pretty close to the D.. correct?  
thanks for the help.
View Quote

Tooltech has a method for installing night sights to a standard 92 slide. It is $300 with the cost of the sights included.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/product/beretta-92fs/

Another option is Ameriguns. It is unclear if they still drill the front post or machine it like Tooltech either way it is almost half the cost.

http://www.amerigunusa.com/trijicon-night-sights/

I would just take the Brig slide and put it on the M9A1. Those two halfs combined would make a really practical fighting Beretta. I would tweak the M9A1 side a bit with an over sized mag catch, Wilson Combat mag guide, Beretta Elite II hammer, WC #14 hammer spring, short reach trigger, Wolf TCU and some G10 grips from Lok grips. The Brig half I would install the WC fluted guide rod with flat wire spring, send the barrel out to AGW to get the barrel cut flush with the slide and an E2 crown and install a WC low profile safety. Top it off with a Surefire X300 or TRL and some night sights and you will have a serious gun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I got in 4 D Springs from Brownells yesterday. Might check with them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
just a few quick questions, now that I will have a changeable front sight, what non 3 dot options are out there for the M9A1?  
View Quote

The M9A1 has a fixed front sight. The 92A1 has a dovetailed front sight.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The M9A1 has a fixed front sight. The 92A1 has a dovetailed front sight.
View Quote
yeh I just found that out  oh well he added $25 to the trade... so I'm into it for just about $400 even... it's a 92FS Type M9A1   the frame is marked TYPE M9A1  and the slide is marked 92FS
Good news is I found the "G" conversion kit I had laying around... one less thing to buy

Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet pistol! I often don't hear people talk about the front strap checkering, but that's one of the largest improvements the A1 made over the regular M9 in my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet pistol! I often don't hear people talk about the front strap checkering, but that's one of the largest improvements the A1 made over the regular M9 in my humble opinion.
View Quote
I like the beveled magwell too. Something to consider with a standard M9/92FS is you have a straight magwell and when using standard Beretta 15 and 17rnd mags there is no taper on the mag. This can make some people slower. With the beveled magwell paired with 18 and 20rnd Mec-Gars which have a pronounced taper to them, reloads are a little quicker.

Not my photos but shows what I am talking about.

For me the beveled magwell is one of a list of mods that should be present in every production 92 currently. Beretta really needs to look into modifying the 92 series. Front and back strap checkering, beveled magwell and the A3s slide with dovetail sights should be standard items. From there they can offer compact and full size frames with and without a rail.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]
OK so far the basics.. I have changed out the hammer spring for a WC 16# (I couldn't find a "D" spring at the time ) and installed my "extra" G kit I had laying around....as with my other Beretta's I ordered the short reach trigger and reduced power new design trigger return spring  and ultra thin G10 grips... but this time I also ordered the WC  deluxe hammer. ( can anyone tell a difference?)
all this will be a familiar starting point for this M9A1...
eventually (next on the upgrade list) will be the guide rod and return spring.  I never messed with lighter return springs on my other Beretta's... is there any reason to go lighter?  opinions?   and I will also add the oversized mag release...
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]
a short range report.. she's a shooter!  only thing I'm not happy with in my upgrades are the grips, I cheaped out and bought some super slim G10 grips from some company off amazon for $41... the wilson ultra thin VZ grips are much better, so I'm gonna order a set tonight.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top