Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2017 2:59:23 PM EDT
And I now understand why 92 devotees are so devoted. It was very...stable in my hands. Easy to dry fire both single and double action and keep the sights steady.

I am now officially very tempted.

It is a rather large gun, however, and at the moment I can't afford multiple pistols (one for ccw and one for recreational shooting). Dress code where I work requires a tucked in shirt so IWB is going to be required. I am willing to dress around the gun, but the 92fs is so huge it's probably just not practical.

For those they have them, tell me about the 92 compact. I'm curious if it's as pleasant in the hand as the full size and how much easier it conceals.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
92fs compact is near perfect.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I do IWB it occasionally.  It has a great fit for my hands.  With the thinner VZ's on the grip it's definitely easier to carry that the full size.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The 92fs compact is a great ccw pistol. They are similar in size to a Glock 19. If I could only have one gun it would probably be the M9A1 type compacts with a threaded barrel.

Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a plethora of uses for the full sized 92FS model. I used mine for USPSA matches & 3 Gun. I still use it for steel plate matches as well as a "truck gun" from time to time. It also makes a wonderful nightstand gun, especially with 18rd mags.

OP, if you think the gun felt nice, wait until you try it with a spring set installed, dropping the trigger pull to about half of what it is new. It feels like squeezing a warm stick of butter, IMO.    

The 92's are capable of incredible accuracy as well. That alone makes them well worth the purchase, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot my M9 more accurately in SA than any of my other handguns. People love to hate on Berettas. They may not be the lightest, smallest, most modular or whatever the newest flavor of the month is but they sure are shooters and extremely reliable. If that's not enough they are sexy as hell.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 92fs compact is a great ccw pistol. They are similar in size to a Glock 19. If I could only have one gun it would probably be the M9A1 type compacts with a threaded barrel.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/02vettez06/790BF937-D352-4C7C-BDAB-5C176BEC69B3_zpsfyfgostn.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/02vettez06/DSCN0290_zps81f3d06f.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/02vettez06/DSCN0289_zps6d149e10.jpg
View Quote
That non-railed one! That is on my very short list of pistols to get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top