Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2017 6:02:39 PM EDT
Have any of you guys seen a commercial M9 with a 92FS frame?

I saw one at a local store the other day and it caught my eye.  It had a slanted dust cover and the radius at the top of the backstrap.  Slide was marked M9 with snowman/2 dot sights.  Frame had "US 9mm M9 Beretta" stamped on the starboard side of the dust cover and a an M9 prefix serial that looked to be laser engraved on the port side.

I was under the impression all commercial M9's had the straight dust cover frame minus a few "special editions" that weren't really M9's like the Operation Enduring Freedom model.

It appeared to be a new firearm with the little American Flag Beretta tag on the trigger guard still.

Any insight or did someone at Beretta just grab the wrong frame?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No information to add but I would have picked that up on cool factor alone.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It happens occasionally.

They've also done new 92s on M9 frames.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It happens occasionally.

They've also done new 92s on M9 frames.
View Quote
You'd think they'd be more careful on the M9's since the frame is one of the most important distinguishing parts lol.

I'd be pissed if I bought an M9 and it showed up with a 92FS frame!
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You'd think they'd be more careful on the M9's since the frame is one of the most important distinguishing parts lol.

I'd be pissed if I bought an M9 and it showed up with a 92FS frame!
View Quote
Years from now that goof will be worth some money to a collector. I would be happy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is my 92fs on an M9 frame I purchased last year.

Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, Beretta does mix parts from time to time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top