Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2017 7:15:18 PM EDT
Does Beretta make a non-threaded bbl for the M9A3 for states that do no allow threaded pistol bbls?

Regards
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
A standard 92fs/ m9 barrel should fit.

Or do you mean from the factory with no TB?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A standard 92fs/ m9 barrel should fit.
Or do you mean from the factory with no TB?
View Quote
Preferably a factory non-TB.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Just buy a factory barrel and have it Cerakoted FDE. Or take the barrel that comes with the M9A3 and have it cut. If I were going to do that I would have a reverse crown cut and the barrel cerakoted to match.

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
All good but if he is in a state that does NOT allow threaded barrels he could not buy it in the first place to replace it or have the threads removed. He would need one straight from the factory with a standard barrel(what he is asking about) or buy it second hand without the threaded barrel. I say contact Beretta and let them know there are some people behind enemy lines that NEED one without a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have not seen one in person but from pics online it looks like the protector is same O.D. as the barrel so you should be able to disassemble it with the TP on. If that is the case the protector could be perm. attached if you wanted to keep the look original.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Have the barrel shipped separately!  You can OWN a threaded bbl in ANY state, you just can't put it in the gun in some states.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
i'm in the opposite boat. i'm looking for a factory replacement threaded fde barrel for the m9a3. i find beretta's lack of parts for this gun disturbing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i'm in the opposite boat. i'm looking for a factory replacement threaded fde barrel for the m9a3. i find beretta's lack of parts for this gun disturbing.
View Quote
Have you tried picking up the phone and calling CS?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have the barrel shipped separately!  You can OWN a threaded bbl in ANY state, you just can't put it in the gun in some states.
View Quote
You are wrong. CT considers a threaded pistol barrel the same as an"assault weapon" as far as the law and penalties are concerned.  OPs state might have similar laws.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Have you tried picking up the phone and calling CS?
View Quote
i did, about 2 months ago when i first picked up the pistol. they said they didn't have any for sale. i actually called because the threaded protector on mine was cerakoted to the barrel and i had a hell of a time getting it off. i called to see if i could just buy a replacement barrel since i like having them for backup anyway. he said they didn't have any and wanted me to send the pistol to them for service to get the cap removed. i just basically took a wrench to it and got it off after a LOT of force. he sent me a threaded protector to replace the one i chewed up with the wrench, but it was black and not fde. he said they didn't have either the fde barrel or the cap in stock. again, it was 2 months ago. haven't called recently, but if their site is any indication i don't think much has changed
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i did, about 2 months ago when i first picked up the pistol. they said they didn't have any for sale. i actually called because the threaded protector on mine was cerakoted to the barrel and i had a hell of a time getting it off. i called to see if i could just buy a replacement barrel since i like having them for backup anyway. he said they didn't have any and wanted me to send the pistol to them for service to get the cap removed. i just basically took a wrench to it and got it off after a LOT of force. he sent me a threaded protector to replace the one i chewed up with the wrench, but it was black and not fde. he said they didn't have either the fde barrel or the cap in stock. again, it was 2 months ago. haven't called recently, but if their site is any indication i don't think much has changed
View Quote
I would recommend calling them again. They are adding new stuff to the site every day. Last month I called to order a set of FDE Vertec grips because they were not in the site for sale. The CS rep just sent me a pair for free as a warranty replacement for my Vertec. He told me they will start having more FDE parts and guns. Now those grips are in the site. It seems it's all about who you get on the phone too. I have spoken to some reps that were . I have also dealt with reps that were just awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top