Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2017 7:35:48 PM EDT
Just bought off of GB a Beretta 92FS Compact, pre-1993. No lawyer warnings on the slide, Italian made Inox model. No light rail either. It appears to have been shot very little, as in hardly at all. Original box, two stainless mags.

Hot damn, I can't wait to get this thing in!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just bought off of GB a Beretta 92FS Compact, pre-1993. No lawyer warnings on the slide, Italian made Inox model. No light rail either. It appears to have been shot very little, as in hardly at all. Original box, two stainless mags.

Hot damn, I can't wait to get this thing in!  
View Quote

Should Photoshop a Rare Pepe holding it for double the rarity.

Be sure and post some photos!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking forward to seeing it!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I found a rare Beretta in a pawn shop several years ago. Was looking for a 92 and bought it without much thought, when I got home I examined it more closely.

The barrel was flush with the end of the slide and just under it was stamped INOX, even though the slide was black.....It had rubber Hogue grips with the Beretta logo on them.....

I finally got curious about it and called Beretta. Man I spoke to took the serial number and when he came back on line he said, "That, is a rare pistol".....

Apparently at one time in the early 90s the Border Patrol issued 92s. They were special order pistols....the gun I had found was one of them.

He said that any time Beretta had a special government order they would always make a few dozen extra up so that if any failed inspection that they wouldn't have to interrupt regular production to complete the order.  Once the order was completed they simply sold the special pistols on the open market.

He said that even if the Border Patrol pistols ever came on the market that mine would be more rare still as those that were accepted were marked for the Border Patrol, mine is not. Pretty neat piece!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it look like this one?

If so...you have a shooter on your hands!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found a rare Beretta in a pawn shop several years ago. Was looking for a 92 and bought it without much thought, when I got home I examined it more closely.

The barrel was flush with the end of the slide and just under it was stamped INOX, even though the slide was black.....It had rubber Hogue grips with the Beretta logo on them.....

I finally got curious about it and called Beretta. Man I spoke to took the serial number and when he came back on line he said, "That, is a rare pistol".....

Apparently at one time in the early 90s the Border Patrol issued 92s. They were special order pistols....the gun I had found was one of them.

He said that any time Beretta had a special government order they would always make a few dozen extra up so that if any failed inspection that they wouldn't have to interrupt regular production to complete the order.  Once the order was completed they simply sold the special pistols on the open market.

He said that even if the Border Patrol pistols ever came on the market that mine would be more rare still as those that were accepted were marked for the Border Patrol, mine is not. Pretty neat piece!
View Quote
That's known as a Cajun 92 - blackened stainless
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Beretta--1280x853--120945.jpg

View Quote
Just like it except mine is the Inox.

Yours is beautiful though.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just like it except mine is the Inox.

Yours is beautiful though.  
View Quote
DUDE!!!  I gotta see it!!!!!  Post pics!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DUDE!!!  I gotta see it!!!!!  Post pics!!!!
View Quote
Haven't got it yet. My FFL now has it but I'm 150 miles away. I'm going to try to get it next weekend.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Beretta--1280x853--120945.jpg

View Quote
Damn beautiful pistol there! This older non railed Compact is on my short list.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Haven't got it yet. My FFL now has it but I'm 150 miles away. I'm going to try to get it next weekend.
View Quote
Then, when you get it...you will know what to do, my Brother...you will know what to do!

( I can't wait to see it!!! )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top