Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2017 4:17:25 AM EDT
I stumbled across a near mint internal with light holster exterior wear 92A1 made in Italy with CT Laser grips for $490 plus tax.   I like the rail and wanted to run a can which I didn't feel like doing on my Elite II for fear of excessive wear and tear.   Plus having Italian heritage, I did want a made in Italy 92.

Anyway, the trigger on the 92A1 has a nice break and by the time I pour all the upgrades into it including D spring and G decocker only conversion, I feel like I will be pretty close to having a duplicate.

Seems the values on the Elite II have receded, not surprising given the availability of factory G decocker conversion parts and the Wilson 92.  Plus the 92A3 has probably taken some of the limelight and the one I tried out at the LGS is pretty close to my Elite regarding the trigger, if not better.

Seems like you can still sell an Elite II for over $1k and I might just park it on GB at a high but not crazy price and see if I have any takers.  Any reason not to sell?  I like Berettas but Sig and Colts are my true loves.  Do you think the value would resume going up in the future or probably continue to fade as it seems Beretta has reignited their interest in the consumer market and may continue to come out with new offerings, like maybe an Elite III someday.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  I just sold an Elite II in .40 cal for $900+ on GB.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd think so.  They aren't making them anymore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
It's hard to say if it will go up, as there are many offerings now from Beretta that are similar. I had both an Elite 1 and 2 and sold them both for a nice little profit. Would I pay big money now for one? No, as I can get the newer models with a threaded barrel and all of the bells and whistles of the Elite series just without the name,but that is just me. Now if you had one of the special run Berettas like a Billennium or a Steel 1, I would say keep them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought this for collector value, didn't go up much, so now it's my pimped out shooter

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think they will go up much in value long term since beretta has been releasing new 92 stuff like the m9a3 and both Wilson combat 92 versions, and the fact that beretta has some really rare and collectible 92 series pistols out there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Another thing....with them losing the M9 contract they very well might be making some runs of older guns. It woildnt surprise me to see some of the specialty classic models coming back.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another thing....with them losing the M9 contract they very well might be making some runs of older guns. It woildnt surprise me to see some of the specialty classic models coming back.
View Quote
^This.

That having been said, I sent you a PM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top