Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2017 3:56:35 AM EDT
Likes? Dislikes? While I am not a huge .380 fan, I found them online for $220 and at that price I am having a hard time passing one up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Pros: extremely thin(nest?), very small/light, excellent sights, night sights available, modular trigger chassis system, smooth DAO trigger, restrike capability, mild (relative to peers) recoil, incredibly streamlined, can handle the stoutest .380 loads

Cons: very small grip, very awkward feeling in hand, slide hard to pull back (even on newer upgraded models), very top heavy

I like mine, but it's certainly not for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess I need to get my hands on one to see if I will really like it. Though like I said at $220 it is hard to pass up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like mine. At 15 oz. loaded (and tiny) it is super easy to pocket carry. Don't carry it too often as I usually have a larger CCW gun on me, but it is great if I just need to grab something and go in a hurry or for those times I am not supposed to be carrying at all.

Only real downsides for me are:

- aren't supposed to dry fire without snap caps (states this in manual).

- I bought the flashlight frame for mine, so now it does not fit any available holsters for it. Not a huge deal, I just made my own, but still may be a bit of a pain for some.

Think I paid $260 for mine and am happy... at $220 I would be all over that!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
My lady friend has it and both of us dislike the Pico.  It is extremely thin which makes it excellent for concealing, however holding the gun it feels awkward. It is a 'point and shoot' type weapon, however it seems to lack the accuracy I can get out of my LCP II.  Also, the mag release is the type you have to push down on to drop the mag and its difficult to engage when conducting an emergency reload.

Overall we both have not been impressed with the Pico. She wants to take my LCP II from me but I wont give it up!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like mine. At 15 oz. loaded (and tiny) it is super easy to pocket carry. Don't carry it too often as I usually have a larger CCW gun on me, but it is great if I just need to grab something and go in a hurry or for those times I am not supposed to be carrying at all.

Only real downsides for me are:

- aren't supposed to dry fire without snap caps (states this in manual).

- I bought the flashlight frame for mine, so now it does not fit any available holsters for it. Not a huge deal, I just made my own, but still may be a bit of a pain for some.

Think I paid $260 for mine and am happy... at $220 I would be all over that!
View Quote
Yeah the dryfire thing is the same with my Nano, it is annoying.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. It's my favorite pocket pistol hands down, and can be concealed in pretty much anything. Perfect for keeping you armed where a larger weapon can't be reasonably carried.

I highly recommend the model with the LaserMax housing. I believe it's basically the same laser module that's in their UNI-R, but built into the front of the Pico's housing. Holds zero well and makes the Pico a breeze to shoot very quickly on target even if you don't have time or position to get a great sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I really like mine, it's accurate,easy to shoot and has the best sights I've seen on such a tiny pistol. Yes,gripping it is slightly awkward because it's so thin, but a set of talon grip panels helps a lot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright you bastards. You convinced me. I ordered one. Now for the wait.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Tip on ammo: grab Federal Hydra-shoks.

Ranger-Ts, HSTs, etc. are all great in 9mm. 9mm Short, not so much. Penetration is downright terrible on most modern hollowpoints in this caliber. The older Hydrashok design does the best at either meeting or at least consistently coming near the 12" ideal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I am going to run Precision One 90gr XST +Ps. These are what I used in my Glock 42. All the tests performed on them showed them to be one of the top performers in .380.

Ammo Quest: Precision One .380 ACP test in Taurus TCP 738 and ClearBallistics gelatin

Ammo Quest .380 Finals: Precision One XTP test thru Denim in ballistic gelatin
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, there are definitely other good loads too. I was focused on more of a "find almost anywhere that sells ammo" angle. Hydra-shoks are the only .380 ACP bullet that was a good performer that I don't need to mail order.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Did the .32acp conversion kits ever show up for these?

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking of the Nano.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did the .32acp conversion kits ever show up for these?

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking of the Nano.
View Quote
No, you are thinking of the right gun... and no, they never materialized as far as I know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top