Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2017 8:38:40 AM EDT
I pushed the M9 hard 3 weeks ago at the All Army Small Arms Championship at Fort Benning GA.
Won me some tin too!
M9 performed perfectly as usual and this old thing was more than up to the task to win me a Gold medal in one of the Pistol only matches.

cp
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Great shooting! I use mine in competition too, usually getting from the Glock users. When they see that I can keep up with them, they give me a .

I don't have any use for the tool because my sights were right on from the factory. One thing I've been curious about though is whether the rear sights are plastic or metal? I just can't tell.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
My personal M9 and 92fs are metal. Both are 5 and 10 years respectively.
I don't know if Beretta changed them though since then.
Cp
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Bravo sir, well done!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Outstanding !!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice. I'm building up for three gun. I have my M4gery and my M9, just gotta get a M1014. I need to practice with the m9 though. I couldn't shoot it for shit when I was still active, I have only marginally improved my pistol marksmanship since.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, hell, here is a photo of mine.

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]
That is simply beautiful
Cp
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. I'm building up for three gun. I have my M4gery and my M9, just gotta get a M1014. I need to practice with the m9 though. I couldn't shoot it for shit when I was still active, I have only marginally improved my pistol marksmanship since.
View Quote
Very nice. The one thing that helped me with an M9 was to start each practice session with a minimum of 10 shots all Double Action. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to install a "D" spring in an issued gun. My personal M9 has one all day but not for Army Stuff. Those 10 consecutive Double Action shots all straight from Holster presentation, Drop Hammer, Rinse and repeat, gets my mind right after shooting SIG's, 1911's and M&P's the rest of my life. My entire month prior to doing Army Comps is devoted to the M9. I love it, it loves me back
cp
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Great job EagleCP!!!  Nice pics.  I bought 2 of the d model springs.  I need to put them in.  Do you notice more felt recoil?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Very nice. The one thing that helped me with an M9 was to start each practice session with a minimum of 10 shots all Double Action. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to install a "D" spring in an issued gun. My personal M9 has one all day but not for Army Stuff. Those 10 consecutive Double Action shots all straight from Holster presentation, Drop Hammer, Rinse and repeat, gets my mind right after shooting SIG's, 1911's and M&P's the rest of my life. My entire month prior to doing Army Comps is devoted to the M9. I love it, it loves me back
cp
View Quote
I do the first magazine da for every shot when I shoot. Since I carry my m9a1 compact I do a lot of dry fire from the holster at home. I'll draw a shoot 2-4 shots then reholster. I also like to just do a lot of drills from the holster. It really helps.

Good shooting OP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Good shooting targets are a lot different than when I did army matches- they used to use the charging Ivan with the head scoring box and the volleyball scoring rings centered in the abdomen back then. I managed to bring home some tin back then too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Eagle, were you shooting an A2 20" in some kind of run and gun comp????  Looks like that is what is slung over your shoulder in the pic.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#13]
What holster are you using ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bravo sir, well done!
View Quote
Sir?? He works for a living goddamn it!

In all seriousness, great job.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Safariland........6378 ALS ????? I think, but mounted to a Mid-ride belt mount.  It the one with the thumb release retention only. No hood.
cp
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bravo sir, well done!
View Quote
Sir?? He works for a living goddamn it!

In all seriousness, great job.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]
And Thank you All appreciate the kind words.
cp
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#18]
What are you doing in the bottom pic?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:07:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Got a barsto NM barrel on my m9 but wondering if a KKM would do better.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What are you doing in the bottom pic?
View Quote
Rifle engagement from simulated roof top on targets from 80-100 yards. They are 8" steel plates. Your whole body must be in the green square .
Cp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top