Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 1:37:10 PM EDT
Love my M9A3, but I'm so confused with all the earlier configurations and what can do what.

I actually really like the double action trigger pull so much (never in my life did I think I'd ever say that) I was considering trying a DAO pistol to see which I really ended up liking better. Plus its an excuse to buy another handgun, so win/win all the way around.

Does this exist:

- DAO
- Pic rail for light ( I can live without this)
- Able to use the 'D' spring
- Same frame (especially grip width) as the M9A3
- Ability to have the decocker installed in lieu of any safety duh
- Extra bonus points if it shares the same magazine as the M9A3

What are my options?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't exist. A 92D Vertec will get you most of the way there.  No way to install a decocker or manual safety though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I figured but sorting through all the variations was hoping there was something.

What are my options for a DAO, same frame/grip as the M9A3 and hopefully can take the same magazines?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curios why and how a DAO would need a decocker?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The 92D Vertec that I mentioned gets you everything but the safety/decocker.  It's not currently in production and wasn't made in large quantities so good luck finding one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just curios why and how a DAO would need a decocker?
View Quote

This is also true lol Apparently I didn't think too far into this :D
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I've seen DOA Beretta's before, has no safety/decocker lever because it doesn't need it. They were police trade in guns. I didn't really care for them personally. They of course came with the D spring since that is what it was originally intended for. But the double action pull is still like 12 pounds or something. I much preferred the SA/DA guns. I personally think the G model with decocker only was the way to go. I believe the French were the ones who first wanted the G model. The Wilson Comabt Beretta's are G models and have a rail and are really sweet. If I was to buy a new Beretta I'd go with a Wilson. But that's just me anyways.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Beretta made a DAO 92 with a safety called the 92DS but I've never seen one in person.

A 92D Vertec will have most of what you want but will be hard to find.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know what to say

Apparent 92D with decocker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top