Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2017 7:57:09 PM EDT
I've decided the 92FS Compact may well be my next pistol. There was an Inox one in the EE a bit back that I just fell in love with. My LGS has a blued model in stock that I've finger banged something fierce.

Both of the ones I've looked at had no light rail, I'm not sure if that's the only way they come or not? I don't want, need nor desire a rail as they destroy the beautiful lines on the 92's, IMO.

Anyone have experience with the Comp[act models in any way, shooting or owning one? Does the DAO mainspring work with these as well?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an Inox with rail that I just sold. It felt good in the hand until I pulled the trigger which sucked. I prefer my P226 or M&P compact.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an FS Compact. Beretta makes them with rails or without. I use Milt Sparks holsters for a good amount of my carrying, so I ran it by them back before I made the choice between rail/non-rail. They told me that they do not have molds for the railed models, so that made my decision easy.

I like it. It carries easily in a VM2, and feels and shoots great. I replaced the mainspring with a standard DAO "D" spring and it improved the trigger pull weight. It's still a smidge heavier than my 92A1, and I'm thinking that might be due to the mainspring likely being compressed more in the shorter frame of the compact.

I also replaced the safety with a factory G conversion kit. Easy install if you're mechanically inclined, and highly recommended.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Since 2013 or so, the newer compact comes with the M9A1 frame, which includes a rail. I wasn't a fan of the rail on the compact either, but the frame has nicer checkering on the front and back grip. It also has a beveled mag well, so their are some nice features to the framed model.

You can use a D spring but my trigger pull was still heavier than the full size models. You might want to go with an even lighter hammer spring, as long as you get reliable primer strikes. I liked my railed compact but I sold it as I never shot it, favoring to shoot and carry my compact type M.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_15/149830_Beretta_92FS_Compact_INOX___Full_Review.html

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Last I checked, Beretta USA does not list the non-rail 92FS Compact on their website, but several online retailers still receive them. I think Beretta still sends small batches of them over from Italy. Total conjecture on my part, but I do still see them listed on Buds and elsewhere.

I ordered one from Buds in Fall/Winter of 2016 and it was a NIB Italian model.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#5]
My m9a1 compact is my best shooting handgun. Surprisingly so. Very easy to shoot fast as well

I put a d spring in and stoned all the trigger assembly parts. I have a smooth DA at 8lbs and a crisp SA at 4.5.

Other mods
Beretta G conversion
Wilson rear battle sight- I like a wider notch
Wilson ultra thin grips-The contour is very nice, I probably didn't need the ultra thins but I love them
Wilson flatwire recoil spring-I seemed to be replacing the RS ever 2k rounds so I tried the flatwire but haven't broken 2k with it.

It makes a phenomenal aiwb carry gun. I'm waiting on a new light bearing holster that should be here this week.

My only 2 grips are that it doesn't have a front night sight and mags are only 13rounds. Neither are deal breakers though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My only 2 grips are that it doesn't have a front night sight and mags are only 13rounds.
View Quote

Well, they have to shrink the grip somehow & something has to give. I too am ok with 13rds of 9mm +P for carry.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, they have to shrink the grip somehow & something has to give. I too am ok with 13rds of 9mm +P for carry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My only 2 grips are that it doesn't have a front night sight and mags are only 13rounds.

True, but g19 and p229 mags are 15rounds and the same size.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
The shop I work at has a non-railed compact in stock, and I believe I can order additional ones. They are Italian manufactured.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Dang, ya'll are killing me.  Every since I got my first Beretta, a 92A1, I've fallen in love with the platform.  The DA trigger was too heavy but after installing a D spring it was fantastic.  The grip was a bit too big for my hand but after removing the factory panels and installing the Hogue wraparound grip it went from hard to hold to just right.  Now she shoots like a dream, points like a finger and is extremely accurate.  It's a big gun and not really something I would ever carry for SD, unless it was a SHTF thing, but it is easily one of my favorite guns to shoot.  A side effect of loving the 92 series is wanting a compact to go along with it.  I can't afford one but I definitely want one, an Inox this time I think.  Should the opportunity arise I will add one to my collection in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#10]
The 92 is not really that big of a gun. Compair a full size 92 to a Glock 17 and the compact to a Glock 19. Size wise they are close. Weight is about the only issue but my 92A1 with Mecgar mags give me 18+1 rounds of 9mm, a rail for a light, and is very accurate. I will trade weight for accuracy and shootability every day of the week.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The 92 is not really that big of a gun. Compair a full size 92 to a Glock 17 and the compact to a Glock 19. Size wise they are close. Weight is about the only issue but my 92A1 with Mecgar mags give me 18+1 rounds of 9mm, a rail for a light, and is very accurate. I will trade weight for accuracy and shootability every day of the week.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-1454-144419.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-1467-162822.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-1165-144410.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-1433-144409.jpg
View Quote

Correct.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top