Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2017 4:21:51 PM EDT
had been waiting forever to find one of these floating around - Gemtech finally has them back in stock

https://gemtech.com/wishlist/index/index/wishlist_id/530/

now, if that form 4 would just clear....
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Already OOS again.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazed at some of the prices of these threaded barrels  . Almost the same price I payed for my 92FS
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn you, OP! I've been waiting for these to get back in stock for a while. I just ordered one.

And here I thought I was doing good not ordering anything gun related other than a few AR15 magazines.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody get their barrels from Gemtech yet? Just curious how they are. Mine was shipped last night.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody get their barrels from Gemtech yet? Just curious how they are. Mine was shipped last night.
View Quote

I like mine. It looks well made and I've never had a functional problem with it. I never tested how accurate they are though.

The only downside is that the thread protector needs to be removed to field strip the weapon, but a lot of thread protectors are like that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Back in stock.  Just ordered one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered one today.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine just came in. Finish is nice, haven't installed it yet. Has anyone polished the feed ramp? Mine came with the phosphate finish on the ramp. I'll take some pics here in a few.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Heard a lot of bad things a while back about their accuracy and durability compared to factory Beretta barrels. How are they nowadays?

Kind of want to see about waiting for Beretta to catch up on their M9a3 orders and then start stocking replacement barrels since that'd be a drop-in on older M9s/92s.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I took my out yesterday.  First round out of a magazine was a 50/50 if it'd feed.  Round would jam at a steep angle, slide would close maybe halfway.  Upon firing, I had zero rounds that fed.  Sometimes I could push the slide slightly and it'd chamber, others wouldn't go at all.  I'm not sure if it's the phosphate on the feed ramp or not but I'll try polishing it.  Hopefully that remedies the situation.  I've never had a jam ever of this gun so I'm a bit disappointed until I can get it to run good.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I took my out yesterday.  First round out of a magazine was a 50/50 if it'd feed.  Round would jam at a steep angle, slide would close maybe halfway.  Upon firing, I had zero rounds that fed.  Sometimes I could push the slide slightly and it'd chamber, others wouldn't go at all.  I'm not sure if it's the phosphate on the feed ramp or not but I'll try polishing it.  Hopefully that remedies the situation.  I've never had a jam ever of this gun so I'm a bit disappointed until I can get it to run good.
View Quote

I asked about the phosphate in the chamber/feed ramp earlier in this thread and got no response. I tried chambering a few snap caps and most of them chambered but one wouldn't. If you shine a light down the barrel the entire bore is phosphated too.

I may have to polish mine too. Haven't taken it out to the range yet to see if it'll function as is.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to call Gem tech and see what they say.  I don't mind if I have to polish the ramp, I've never done it before, but want to make sure if I still have issues that I don't jeapordize them helping if I've done something to the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Already OOS again.
View Quote

SilencerCo offers them as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm going to call Gem tech and see what they say.  I don't mind if I have to polish the ramp, I've never done it before, but want to make sure if I still have issues that I don't jeapordize them helping if I've done something to the barrel.
View Quote

I'll wait for you to post back here before I start hitting it with some sandpaper/buffing compound.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I left a message this mornong.  I didn't hear back so I called this afternoon and spoke with Joey.  He said he hasn't heard of the problem I'm having.  He said to lube it good and hand cycle it a couple hundred times without ammo.  He stated it's a semi drop in barrel but may need some break in.  After doing that shoot a couple hundred rounds and see if it works out.  If not call back and they'll see what they can do.  

Going to throw my feet up tonight and anno the wife by cycling it.  I'll sneak out this weekend and see if anything changes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I left a message this mornong.  I didn't hear back so I called this afternoon and spoke with Joey.  He said he hasn't heard of the problem I'm having.  He said to lube it good and hand cycle it a couple hundred times without ammo.  He stated it's a semi drop in barrel but may need some break in.  After doing that shoot a couple hundred rounds and see if it works out.  If not call back and they'll see what they can do.  

Going to throw my feet up tonight and anno the wife by cycling it.  I'll sneak out this weekend and see if anything changes.
View Quote

I'll do that too. Did he mention to cycle it will dummy rounds? I may go home this afternoon after work and make up a few 9mm dummy rounds to run through it. I still haven't taken it to the range to see how it does.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#17]
No, if you use dummy rounds it'll take forever as mine would jam everytime.  I just sat and hand cycled it, pull slide to rear and ride forward and repeat.  I did a bunch last night and plan to do it again tonight.  If and when it'll feed dummy rounds that way then I'll hit the range and break it in shooting.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, mine came in yesterday and here's what I did after reading this thread.
The finish on it was fine but it also had the coating on the feed ramp. I did not try to polish it up The moving parts were stiff as hell and wouldn't move at all. I lubed it up good
with oil and got everything moving ok. The threads on barrel and protector were dirty so I cleaned them and oiled them good too.

I then installed it into a brand new, never fired, 92A1 and racked the slide a lot over several hours. It loosened up pretty good after a while.
I couldn't make it to the range today so I loaded 3 rounds each into 2 magazines and went into the back yard. Put the first mag in and racked the slide and the round fed fine. Then fired all 3 rounds, all worked as supposed to. Put in the second mag and dropped the slide, round fed just fine. Finished the mag and that was it.

I will get to the range over the next few days so I can shoot several hundred rounds to beak it in.

I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Good to hear.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Cycled mine a pile.  It'll feed federal 115gr no problem.  It doesn't like the slightly longer Aguila 124gr but that's not a huge deal.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#21]
glad i checked back. Got mine in but haven't had time to install it yet. I'll be sure to work it over good before I take it to the range.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I cycled mine a bunch of times. Barrel seems to move freely in the gun with the action open like the factory barrel. Cycles smoothly. Not sure when I'm going to be able to get it to the range to see how it does though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I put 5 magazines through it yesterday.  In the first mag I had 3 ftf but it hummed along after that.  I think with some more shooting it'll work out good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I put 5 magazines through it yesterday.  In the first mag I had 3 ftf but it hummed along after that.  I think with some more shooting it'll work out good.
View Quote
Two more range trips and still getting a couple hangups a mag.  Best was 1 ftf.  Anyone else have similar feedback?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I picked one up a while back. The new locking block was extremely stiff in the gun so I used the stock one off my old barrel. I haven't had a failure of any kind and the accuracy seems pretty good. I'm not a very talented pistol shooter so you may want to take that with a grain of salt. The phosphate feed ramp doesn't seem to be bothering anything but I'll probably polish it at some point for looks. I will say that the thread protector is too short and it drives me nuts. If anyone has a lead on a thread protector that actually should have shipped with the barrel in the first place, let me know.

And I'll post this pic of it installed again because I love this gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:46:45 AM EDT
[#26]
If the bore/chamber is phosphated, that is a full stop failure.  

If the bore is rough like that, send it back.  It will cause huge accuracy issues and pressure problems as the bore will be rough.

That is total failure.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Going to take the 92FS to the range finally today. I'll post a range report after I get home.

Took it to the range last night. It shot everything I fed it. No cycling issues and it's pretty damned accurate too. My buddy also shot it and said he missed his; he sold it a few years ago but really likes shooting mine.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Going to take the 92FS to the range finally today. I'll post a range report after I get home.

Took it to the range last night. It shot everything I fed it. No cycling issues and it's pretty damned accurate too. My buddy also shot it and said he missed his; he sold it a few years ago but really likes shooting mine.
View Quote
Damn, wish I had the same report.  Mine still doesn't cycle a full mag.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before taking it to the range I lubed it like crazy then cycled it by hand a hundred or so times then I ran a bunch of snap caps through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top