Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2017 10:03:50 AM EDT
Just got my Beretta 92 back from Wilson Combat. The shop did a complete action tune with silicone springs, fiber optic front sight, rear battle sight, and a low profile, single side safety. I had already installed the short reach trigger and the VZ grips.

This pistol rocks. Double action trigger pull is super smooth and down to about 4.5lbs. The single action pull is crisp right around 3.5lbs. The frame slides back and forth like it's on ball bearings. The new sights are great. The front sight is a piece of cake to pick up when presenting the gun. The VZ grips really change the feel of the gun. Perfect amount of grip without being too abrasive. The short reach trigger slightly changes the geometry and improves the feeling. An oversized mag release is in the mail and will be installed soon.

Highly recommend for anyone that wants to refresh their 92. You won't regret it
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, love my 92.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... looks like a good project to revive rate an old warhorse.

What does that set you back?

Can they do a decocker only mod instead of that safety?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Heres the full list of things they can do. They have packages on top and then a la carte items afterwards. And yes, the decocker mod can be done.

https://dukecreative.wufoo.com/forms/z1dxb2su0pxmtxd/
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sweet. Mine is coming back tomorrow! cant wait
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks awesome. I'm thinking about sending my 92fs to Wilson for the Basic Carry Package and front sight work.

How long did Wilson Combat have your pistol for?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn that looks nice. I kind of want to buy an M9A1 and have them go to town on it.

How are you finding their battle sights? To me they kind of look like a worse sight picture compared to the factory three dots, despite how great everything else looks.

What option is the trigger lightening job? I don't see that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Love that safety.  

Did I hear your right?????????????????????  DA is 4.5#'s???  That's insanely light for a true DA trigger.  I've never heard of that.

I wonder if they've ever installed a rail on a 92/M9.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks awesome. I'm thinking about sending my 92fs to Wilson for the Basic Carry Package and front sight work.

How long did Wilson Combat have your pistol for?
View Quote

3 weeks
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damn that looks nice. I kind of want to buy an M9A1 and have them go to town on it.

How are you finding their battle sights? To me they kind of look like a worse sight picture compared to the factory three dots, despite how great everything else looks.

What option is the trigger lightening job? I don't see that.
View Quote

I like the new sights. Its a bit different than lining up the factory 3 dots but I find it easier. That fiber optic front really draws your eye right onto it and puts you on target quick.

The trigger pull is a result of the Action Tune. The trigger bar was slightly redesigned and the hammer, recoil and trigger return springs (along with some other springs) were all replaced giving a much crisper, lighter pull. The factory hammer spring is 20#. The D-Spring may people here have used is 16# I believe. The WC spring they install is 13#. All the sears and contact points were polished as well

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Ultimate-Action-Tune-Kit-Beretta-90-Series/productinfo/748/
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Love that safety.  

Did I hear your right?????????????????????  DA is 4.5#'s???  That's insanely light for a true DA trigger.  I've never heard of that.

I wonder if they've ever installed a rail on a 92/M9.....
View Quote

Thanks. The safety is nice. Its a little harder to operate than the stock but I dont mind. My main goal was to decrease its size so when I rack the frame, my fingers don't catch it and engage it. It stays nice and out of the way now.

The trigger really is awesome now. Ill have to get a gauge to really put numbers to it but its definitely under 5lbs on the DA side. With the trigger return spring, there is almost no travel before reset either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#11]
How does it shoot now?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How does it shoot now?
View Quote

Shoots great! Between the grips and trigger, it feels like a different gun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#14]
@Frost7
I have the battlesights on 2 92s. I like them alot. I either want a single dot under the front or none. I dislike 3 dots. I'm carrying a gun with 3 dots right now. They're usable but in low)nolight I I think 1 or 2 dots are faster.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks. The safety is nice. Its a little harder to operate than the stock but I dont mind. My main goal was to decrease its size so when I rack the frame, my fingers don't catch it and engage it. It stays nice and out of the way now.

The trigger really is awesome now. Ill have to get a gauge to really put numbers to it but its definitely under 5lbs on the DA side. With the trigger return spring, there is almost no travel before reset either.
View Quote

I had them do the G mod on mine so it doesn't matter if you "engage" the safety or not. All 92's should be G's....
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top