Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 1:25:52 AM EDT
I would think the military would sell off tons of M9 mag's they have in storage. Mabye flood the market at cheap prices?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
They will destroy them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They will destroy them.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They will destroy them.
View Quote
Not if DJT knew that there was a $ to be made by selling them through the CMP.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree. Its high time the government started making money on surplus junk and not just spend money destroying stuff.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Wasn't part of the problem with military M9's that the military decided to save a couple bucks buying cheap crap Checkmate magazines instead of Beretta or Mec Gar magazines, which caused reliability issues? If so, I wouldn't want to buy any military trade-in magazines.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
It will be some years before the Beretta cycles out of service, assuming Congress agrees to fund the SIG 320 in the first place.  The worn out pistols will go to Capt Crunch.  The decent ones will go in reserve storage, foreign military sales, or DMRO for the police.  Virtually nothing will hit the civilian market.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The thread title makes it sound like a decision was made.  I missed that.  Anybody got a link?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The thread title makes it sound like a decision was made.  I missed that.  Anybody got a link?
View Quote

It's been everywhere for probably two weeks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, I haven't seen anything official on it.  Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I do know the bag of 10 like new mags I found in my office at work went home with me for my new M9A3....
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got back from a gunshow in Greenville SC.... I found tables of surplus M9 mags,  a mix of checkmate and Airtronic . most were anywhere from $15 each to $39 each then I found the guy with the $10 ones...he only had 4 left and they are in great shape!   I also went to a gunshow in Palmetto Fla while on vacation about two weeks ago... I found quite a few in so so cond , between $12 and $25...  they are out there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Just make sure to buy post 2004 production mags. I have some pre 2004 mags, some work some didn't. The unreliable ones got crushed and thrown out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wasn't part of the problem with military M9's that the military decided to save a couple bucks buying cheap crap Checkmate magazines instead of Beretta or Mec Gar magazines, which caused reliability issues? If so, I wouldn't want to buy any military trade-in magazines.
View Quote

I've run Checkmate mags for years with not a single issue with them.............  
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#14]
My most used mags are cheap $7 checkmates that always work. I figured when I bought them I'd just run them till they die. 5k rounds later they still work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top