Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 9:39:35 AM EDT
saw one used in a pawn shop.  It is used but looks new.  I cant say if it was a FS or not.   i only glanced at it and held it . But damn it fit my hand perfect.  No price on it yet. Said it was in there waiting period from being pawned.  3 , 13 rnd mags came with it. Anyone have one weith no regretts.  ? TIA. wd
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Regretting I ever sold mine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is an 84F that came in on the surplus market.  I think I got it off of gunbroker for around $250 or so and she's in great shape.  It's quite comfortable to shoot and 100% reliable.  While accurate, mine shoots a little left and the stake in the rear sight dovetail is pretty heavy so I guess I just need to aim a little right when shooting it.  Really though, it's a pretty good pistol and one of the better deals I got on it too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't own one yet but everyone I've talked to ho owns one loves them

I've also read that for a .380 they really don't have much recoil due to their pretty large grip
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
ive got an 84f, oh theres plenty of recoil, it will surprise you
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot a buddies.  Great little pistol.  Good control layout and ergonomics, pretty good size for concealment, and I shot it well right
off the bat.  Ran perfectly when I tried it and he says it has never had a malfunction.

ETA: Note that the 86 has a tip up barrel which is really nice for people who sometimes have difficulty racking a slide.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regretting I ever sold mine.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an 84, it's a sweet  shooter. My wife enjoys shooting it,and new shooters seem to gravitate to it when I  take it to the range. One day I'll run across a tip up barrel for my wife,she has arthritis in hands, they are great for anyone with a weak grip. Make sure to check prices online before purchase there where quite a few avaliable  used  fairly recently
If the one you're looking at has a tip up barrel I'd jump on it.  I don't run across those often.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I too regret selling my 85 several years back. I'm not on a full out search for one, but if I come across a good deal on an any of the .380 variants or even an 87 I'll probably jump on it.

A couple of thoughts though. These are blow back actions which makes racking the slide extremely difficult and recoil more pronounced than tilting barrel actions. My wife can handle most 9mm semi autos as far as racking the slide and dealing with the recoil. It's a chore with the Cheetah.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
If the price is right, I'd get it, especially with 3 mags (if factory/Mecgar).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top