Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2017 7:43:14 PM EDT
I have never owned a beretta.  My father has 2 small ones (unsure of model #s) from my grandfather and I'm kicking around the idea of getting him a new pistol for his birthday in a few months.  He doesn't really have any 'nice' pistols.  He enjoys them and has a few around but isn't the type of person to buy himself a brand new, $500+ handgun.  For reference he keeps a taurus in his truck.

I would also buy one for myself of the same model to make it more special when I present it to him.  I'm pretty set on the 92fs/m9/m9a1 for size, robustness, history, etc.  Am I overlooking any other models?  Can you guys lead me to a reputable dealer online?  I cannot find them in stock anywhere... my preference is towards the M9a1 for the light rail but honestly would be fine with any of the models because it will most likely be a range toy for me.  It seems like they aren't in stock anywhere.

Also, I know the beretta factory opened in TN.  Anyone know if they are being made there?  I would love to get them with Tennessee markings since I live here.  If anyone has a picture or can tell me how they mark it on the slide I would like to know (if they have a special TN rollmark, made in TN, etc.).

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the light rail screws up the aesthetics of the 92/M9 series. It looks so sexy as originally designed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the light rail screws up the aesthetics of the 92/M9 series. It looks so sexy as originally designed.
View Quote

I agree, even though I carry a railed compact.

Buy 2 M9s. I think you'll be happy.

If you have any intention of using a wml  either buy the m9a1 or a surefire rail adapter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Elite, Brigadier, Border Marshal..? Some would be out of production, unknown which generation Elite might be avail now..
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
The gold standard beretta is the 92fs or m9. Straight dust cover or slanted doesn't make a difference to me but to some they do.

If you want a rail the m9a1 - 92a1 is good too, little different than a standard 92 though has a slide buffer and a few other changes,

Inox, brigadier, m9a3, vertec would all add a premium on top of a regular 92 price

IMO an older beretta 92 Inox with all stainless controls is one of the sexiest there is. Not always easy to find though when your looking.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone comment on what the current tennessee markings are?  Or where I can find M9s online to get to my FFL?  I can't find them anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had many over the years and 2 of the 4 that I currently own will never be sold. First, the EliteII, which unfortunately they don't make any more. Second, is the Brigadier by Wilson, it's an amazing pistol.

jmho
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]
92A1 always a solid choice. 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
92A1 always a solid choice. 
View Quote

I've been thinking about picking up a Beretta myself after selling off my INOX 92fs years ago and the 92A1 looks like the best choice. Either that or an M9A1.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
90-TWO Beretta is best Beretta!
View Quote

They are pretty awesome, hard to find though. I still need to get one myself someday
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can anyone comment on what the current tennessee markings are?  Or where I can find M9s online to get to my FFL?  I can't find them anywhere.
View Quote

Bud's is selling M9 Commerials right now, which is what I'd buy if it's mostly gonna be a range gun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:50:59 AM EDT
[#12]
A company called alumigrips makes the aluminum grips for beretta.  They offer a set that has a blank disk where the factory logo is laser etched on the factory model.  If you have a laser engraver near you, you could have a sentiment of some sort etched into the grips.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They are pretty awesome, hard to find though. I still need to get one myself someday
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
90-TWO Beretta is best Beretta!

If I ever come across a like new 90-Two in 9mm. I'm buying one. 

Werent they convertible betweeen FS and G like the PX4? Just drive out a detent and spring?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top