Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2017 1:02:07 PM EDT
I have been putting hundreds of rounds through my newly acquired M9 and noticed that I shoot it, or it shoots better than my Sigs.  I am more accurate at 7 yards with the M9 than with either my P320 or my P229... maybe its the snowman sights? IDK?   I'm placing round after round on top of or right next to one another...I can't do that with any of my other HG's... and I shoot twice a week.  also loving the trigger pull after adding the D spring this past week...  according to UPS my G conversion kit will be here tomorrow... one more thing to make this my favorite right now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I absolutely cannot wait to purchase a M9 in the very near future.  What a beautiful gun.  So the D spring makes a big difference?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I absolutely cannot wait to purchase a M9 in the very near future.  What a beautiful gun.  So the D spring makes a big difference?
View Quote

yes the D spring really took the heaviness out of the double action pull... and to me the single action was already light enough, so its hard to notice.  I did add the Wilson Combat short reach trigger and G10 thin grips...which helped a tiny bit
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yes the D spring really took the heaviness out of the double action pull... and to me the single action was already light enough, so its hard to notice.  I did add the Wilson Combat short reach trigger and G10 thin grips...which helped a tiny bit
View Quote

Try out the action tune from WC. Had it done my dads 92FS and I love it. I will be sending in mine shortly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The "D" spring does wonders for the M9 / 92FS

I agree that the Beretta shoots better than a Sig.  I just need to get a railed variant for nightstand duty.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You can only pronounce a pistol accurate based on results at 25 yards. With the proper technique a hi point will shoot tight groups at 7 yards.
My experience with the m9 includes being a member of a military shooting team, and I had the chance to ransom rest test a bunch of rack issue m9's. they were running 2-2&1/2 inch groups at 25 yards
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can only pronounce a pistol accurate based on results at 25 yards. With the proper technique a hi point will shoot tight groups at 7 yards.
My experience with the m9 includes being a member of a military shooting team, and I had the chance to ransom rest test a bunch of rack issue m9's. they were running 2-2&1/2 inch groups at 25 yards
View Quote

I agree.. I do push out to 25 yards sometimes... but I have a hard time seeing the target... damn old eyes  I just meant in my hands compared to my other handguns... this one is by far my best shooter! I stay in the 7-10 yard range
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe, but mechanical accuracy is only 1 part of the situation.

My Sig p229 is likely much more mechanically accurate than my Glock(s).  Put it in my hands and all of a sudden the Glock beats the Sig.

The m9 is imho, a very easy pistol to shoot well.  It has a very nice trigger, soft recoil, and it points naturally for me.  I've always liked it as a pistol.

Even if my Sig 229 is more mechanically accurate than a m9 (don't know if that is true), I can tell you that after shooting.....mechanical accuracy only reports how accurate the gun is in a vise, and how well a gun shoots is impacted by the person shooting it much more than its mechanical accuracy (in most people's hands).
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Agree with what fla 556 has said, but my point is sort of that if you as a shooter are up to the task the gun does not matter much. As in if rob leatham was running a high point against me with the best pistol possible he would obviously still beat me. Proclaiming a pistol accurate without confirming this at distance just doesn't cut the mustard.
Regarding seeing the target at 25 yards as long as your sights are sharp and clear your target should be very out of focus.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I agree.. I do push out to 25 yards sometimes... but I have a hard time seeing the target... damn old eyes  I just meant in my hands compared to my other handguns... this one is by far my best shooter! I stay in the 7-10 yard range
View Quote

Push it to 50! M9 does surprisingly well lobbing 9mm NATO ball at 50 once you get it on paper for your conditions. I spent a couple hours going through M882 at 50 yards in the M9 last month once I'd burned up my rifle ammo. Hell of a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I love mine to and just can't give it up. I wanted rails and came across these and they work very well for the beretta. Grip with rail
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
For your M9 get the factory Beretta extended mag release . The one with the checkered thumb pad .
Great upgrade and a factory part .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top