Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2017 11:12:55 AM EDT
I got a WC mag release, SRT and a D spring for my 92FS last week. Went to put them in last night and no problems with the spring or trigger. Other than the roll pin for the spring. The mag release though was a pain in the ass to get in and when I did it would not move at all. Finally got it back out and it got scratched to hell and broken. It's the checkered version. Is there a problem with these? I got it all from Brownells and have emailed them to see if I can return it. Hopefully they'll let me but now I don't know what to get. Should I just get the Beretta version? Really wanted a new mag release. The factory one is way to small. Anyone else come across this?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was difficult at first and didn't even move unless I pushed hard.  I was convinced it was broken.  I hosed it oil, wiped off the excess and it functions perfectly and still does with no new oil.  I love it.  Initially I thought......what did I get myself into.  But the oil was the lifesaver.  I was ready to contact brownells as well.........and the last second I tried the oil.   Super tight fit, but I'm happy
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They are really tight in the frame, I  had to do some light filing on one to get it to work, also check and make sure it isn't hitting the grips. I also had to clearance the grips a little.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the grips off when I was doing it. I should have known there was an issue when it was so difficult to get in. If I can't return it I'll have to try something. It was really tight though, no movement at all. I could try some oil but now its scratched up and a piece broke off. None of it will affect it working but making it fit might be an issue.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine was a very tight fit and a PITA to install but it works great.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't get mine to fit. Thought I was crazy but called Wilson Combat and they said that some were out of spec and to send it in and they'd fit it. When I got the gun back, the mag release was in a working perfect.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:31:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered one of these.  Looks like I won't be the one installing it!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally got it to work but it took a lot more filing than I thought it might. Works well now though. Just wish it didn't get scratched up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:44:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought 2.  They were both tight, but if you get them just in the right spot they will pop right in.  Took me probably 20 minutes each.

They are not as easy as any of the Youtube videos show.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine was a PITA to install. I used a little oil on it. Other than my frame getting a slight scratch from trying to install it (scratch was covered by the grips) I've had no problem with mine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess I just got a rough one. I could get it in without filing it, but it would not move at all. Even with oil it was stuck until I filed it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought 2.  They were both tight, but if you get them just in the right spot they will pop right in.  Took me probably 20 minutes each.

They are not as easy as any of the Youtube videos show.
View Quote
This^.  I thought mine didn't fit then it just clicked into the right spot and popped in.  Definitely not as easy as the Youtube video!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top