Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2017 1:22:27 PM EDT
Been looking at these for a while now & kinda-sorta want one. Don't have a carry need for it, just like the looks & balance of them.

Any Compact owners wish to chime in on them? I've got three full size 92FS', so I'm certainly no stranger to the series.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
yea I've got one
compact is kinda loosly used on this gun

I love mine though
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I had both the full size and compact, I  sold the compact. It really isn't all that compact and unless you have girlie hands the grip is way to short for its barrel length and its balance is way off compared to the FS 92, for me anyway. It can hardly be called compact.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had both the full size and compact, I  sold the compact. It really isn't all that compact and unless you have girlie hands the grip is way to short for its barrel length and its balance is way off compared to the FS 92, for me anyway. It can hardly be called compact.
View Quote
Agreed.  OP, if you're expecting a compact gun, this won't be it.  However, it is the size of the Glock 19 and makes a nice winter carry gun for me.  

I absolutely love how it shoots and is one of my favorite guns.  I definitely agree that the balance is off- top heavy, but still a nice shooter.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Love mine. It's my edc

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps I need to clarify some things.

First of all, yes, I know the 92FS Compact isn't a "compact". Much like my USP .45 Compact, it's simply smaller than its big brother. I called it that simply because that's its name. I've held them in my hand before, so I know what size they are in relation to the mouse guns. My Sig 938 is my go-to gun for deep concealment, FWIW.

I simply wanted to know if the Compact model was as accurate, reliable & fun to shoot as the FS model is? As for being "top heavy", I would think that would go away/change when a fully loaded mag is inserted? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Keep the input coming, please!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I hardly ever shoot or carry my g19 anymore. I hardly shoot any other handgun anymore actually.

It is my absolute favorite shooter and gun to handle. My vertec is close though.

Very accurate by my standards and easy to shoot fast while getting good hits.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
My compact is the perfect gun IMO. If I had to sell all my pistols but 1 I would keep my 92 compact.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine is gorgeous and has a glassy smooth action.  The single action pull is heavy but VERY crisp.  The DA is smoooooth as buttah!!!!

The grip, I must warn you is very short.  I am the most average of average dudes and the grip frame is just a bit too short for me....but this thing is sooooooo well made!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Perhaps I need to clarify some things.

First of all, yes, I know the 92FS Compact isn't a "compact". Much like my USP .45 Compact, it's simply smaller than its big brother. I called it that simply because that's its name. I've held them in my hand before, so I know what size they are in relation to the mouse guns. My Sig 938 is my go-to gun for deep concealment, FWIW.

I simply wanted to know if the Compact model was as accurate, reliable & fun to shoot as the FS model is? As for being "top heavy", I would think that would go away/change when a fully loaded mag is inserted? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Keep the input coming, please!
View Quote
Absolutely!!!  If that's what you're wanting, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Will the compact accept the standard 15 round mag?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will the compact accept the standard 15 round mag?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had 2 and sold them.  My pinky always got pinched.  I wish they would come out with a true 92 g compact and centurion g.  I'd go back to those for a carry.   Like the full size they are super reliable and very accurate.
I got used to the g and don't want to worry about a safety
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote
I was afraid that would be the answer.  Now I want one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn, dude.  Why'd you have to go and do that?  
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn.  Nice Beretta, nice 642 as a back up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Not gonna lie...THAT'S HOT!
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know if the compact L will fit in standard 92FS holsters?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I had one.  They are a fine shooting handgun.  It really didn't shoot any different than the larger FS.  As noted above, you can pinch your hand reloading fast.  For me it was the meaty part of my palm.  Once you do it a couple times, you learn not to...lol.

I traded it off for a New Vaquero because it really wasn't doing anything my FS was, and it wasn't really saving much space as a "compact".  I like the Ruger, so it worked out fine.  

I'd buy another Compact L if I found one at a good price.  They are just as nice shooting as the full-size guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top