Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 10:43:21 AM EDT
the M9 I recently picked up came with two factory mags, one 17 round and one 15 round, they are both easy to load and function great. I just received 5  Mec-Gar  M9 15 round mags I bought new. they have the anti-friction coating...they are very hard to load and feel like the follower is dragging...is this normal?  I have bought several Mec -Gar mags for my Sigs and none of them are like this... they are very smooth.  these will wear in with use right?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:08:26 AM EDT
[#1]
The "GI" style 15rd mags have a different finish, and are not near a nice as the Mec-Gar 18rd mags.

With that said I have not had any trouble loading any of them.  Are you referring to spring tension or binding?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have those.  They worked just fine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys.. I have run all five now in my last few range trips... 3 of them really smoothed out and work great...one is still feeling like its a bit tight and only holds 14 round...and # 5 is really tight, I took it apart and everything seems good.. I'm going to continue to run them at the range till they break in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top