Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2016 9:43:14 PM EDT
Picked my New M9A3 up today on lunch break. Got home after work and disassembled it to clean and look it over before shooting this weekend.

1. Noticed after running a bore snake through it seemed rough or stuck on something. Looked in barrel and seen tooling or gouges in the rifling near the end of muzzle.  I took a pick to see how deep and the pick will get stuck and not be able to move. Affect on barrel life or accuracy?  Pictured.

2. Top of the slide where a pin is staked it is sticking up a lot. Enough to snag your skin and be able to cut. Any chance of it falling out? Pictured.

3. Left side of the front sight looks like the finish is bubbling up or flecking off. Some has chipped off. Will it continue to get worse? Pictured.

4. If you follow the barrel contour with your fingers you can feel a spot that bulges up and can be seen with naked eye like a half ring on the right side of the barrel. Is this from the milling process? No picture couldn't get camera to capture it.

5. Just a complaint with a gun that is new out of the box from the factory. Gun has 3 spots of scratches or finish flaws that are bare metal. This is one of the newer TN made guns. Not Pictured.

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If there is a bulge in the barrel I would contact Barletta. It could be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I normally scoff at people's complaints on tiny cosmetic issues on guns.

Not this time. Wtf
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
That does not look like a new gun. That barrel needs to be replaced as does the slide.

I would insist on replacing the gun. Somebody buggered up that gun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That does not look like a new gun. That barrel needs to be replaced as does the slide.

View Quote
This.

If it was just the cosmetic rubbing looking thing on the slide, I'd be thinking.....sucks but it's a gun and I'm probably going to do that just holstering it.  

But that thing has some major WTF going on.  I'd want it replaced.  It's like they picked a whole gun out of the reject parts bin and assembled them in as sloppy a fashion as possible.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
That sucks man.  I love Beretta but the last few years, you really have to scope their guns over well before you take them home.  I decided a while back to not order any sight unseen because of problems I have seen, and issues others on the Beretta forum have had.

Your gun needs to go back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I can see why the military rejected it. I would too. That blem near the end of the barrel is terrible. 
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not this time. Wtf
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#10]
That barrel is fucked up.  

And what's with the paint or cerakote or whatever on the inside?

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#11]
After reading your post and looking at the pics, I decided to look over my M9A3 also.  Mine has none of the cosmetic issues yours has.  I'd definitely contact Beretta if I were you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't seem to find any direct contact info to Beretta. Everything is sign up for our email or write us a letter by mail. Trying to find a email contact so I can request return and also send them pictures of the problems.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Beretta USA Corp.
Service Department
17601 Beretta Drive
Accokeek, Maryland 20607
Region Served: United States
Phone: (800) 237 3882
(1-800-Beretta) Ext. 2003
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Holy shit snacks. I love Beretta and they're not perfect. But how in the Hell on God's green earth did that monstrosity make it out of Gallatin?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#15]
That would be going back immediately. That's awful
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I will be giving them a call today when I get home from work. I will report back on what they decide to do.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not this time. Wtf
View Quote

Same here. No idea how that made it past QC. Send it back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Called and after being on hold for about 10 minuets talked to a gentleman. First he asked the problem. I said have a gun that needs to be returned for replacement. He said they rarely do replacements. I than said this one will need to be replaced due to the problems. Told him about the bore, barrel bulge, paint chipping, pin on top of slide, and scratches. He informed me that it sounds like I have a gun that someone shot with a obstruction in the barrel and tried to pry it out. I than informed him it's a brand new gun.  He asked for serial number, looked it up and the gun left the factory less than 2 weeks ago. He sent a prepaid UPS shipping label for driver pickup. Now waiting to see if UPS shows up today for pickup. Once it arrives back they will determine what needs to be repaired. Guess wait and see what they do. In the letter describing everything wrong, I included that I want a replacement not a repaired gun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]
You need to call them  That gun is not acceptable especially the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet somebody at the shop took it out for a test ride and had a squib.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Once it arrives back they will determine what needs to be repaired. Guess wait and see what they do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Once it arrives back they will determine what needs to be repaired. Guess wait and see what they do.

Give them a week to get it in the system, then call them up to check on it. That way you're not rushing them, but you also make them aware that it's not some "usual" complaint, your gun was a serious case of "everythings wrong".
In the letter describing everything wrong, I included that I want a replacement not a repaired gun.

You mentioned scratches, but otherwise everything was slide/ barrel, so if the scratches were also the slide they might just replace the entire top end. That way they don't have to worry about serial numbers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#23]
The other 3 scratches/blemishes are on the Frame. A 2 inch scratch on front grip strap near the checkering and two gouges out of the rail all down to bare metal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Why did you take it with you? FFL?
Does the FFL get hosed or hassled in a situation like this?
This is why I don't buy guns or most anything possibly problematic online.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered online and shipped direct to my dealer. I opened the shipping box still sealed from the factory. Pulled the gun out of the fancy ammo case they ship it with to make sure it was the G code model and looked it over real quick. It was covered in protective oil so the flaws on the finish did not appear until wiped off. The bore problems not apparent until a bore snake was used. I didn't expect to have to check every minor detail with it being Factory New, none of this should of been a issue or thought. Like people have been saying, looks like a rejected gun or parts that QC never stopped from leaving the factory.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:35:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That sucks man.  I love Beretta but the last few years, you really have to scope their guns over well before you take them home.  I decided a while back to not order any sight unseen because of problems I have seen, and issues others on the Beretta forum have had.

Your gun needs to go back.
View Quote

This has been my resent experience with Beretta. The M9 I bought in Sept had some finish issues, some rough machining that caused the action to feel rough, the safety block was out of spec and staying in the up position after firing, and the safety/decocker lever was very hard to manipulate. I ended up swapping safety blocks between my M9 and another Beretta to fix that issue, then I shot the hell out of it. 2,000ish rounds later it is smooth as glass. The finish issues don't bother me much but then again it is an M9. The M9A1 I resenty bought has the same finish issues, it looks like whoever drove the safety block roll pin in had Parkinson's. They then tried to cover up the tool marks with a paint pen it looks like.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:53:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I would be sending it back pronto.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't see how that got past QC.  I have a early M9A3 and a brand new M9A3, both are perfect.  I would post those pic's at the Beretta forum for reaction.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Posted to Beretta forum. http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?p=1225815#post1225815
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll echo the above, normally the things people complain about with new guns is a little silly. Yours seems to have enough that I'd definitely be contacting Beretta.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Tagged. Thanks, OP. I was considering getting one of these as my first Beretta since I don't own any. I'll remember to look it over carefully incase one becomes available. 
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Everything else, I can deal with but that barrel....

ugh..

and I'm a huge Beretta fan almost to the point of a cultist but that's just wrong in so many levels.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#33]
UPS will be picking it up tomorrow to go back to Beretta.
Anyone looking to buy one, just make sure to look over everything very closely.
Will update when I hear something.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:01:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Looking over mine  and I have a similar issue...

Just for an FYI to those that will say why I didn't look my gun over before taking possession I usually do but this time I Was in a rush when I got to the FFL to do the paperwork (MD has 7 day wait) so I filled it out and left. 7 days later I return and pick it up and bring it home and on closer examination:

1.) Received a safety/decocker instead of decocker only...false advertisement or mix up on the company( trying to contact now to see what they will do)

2.) have the same slide damaged from insertion of the extractor pin "Normal"/Common

3.) same paint chipping near the front sight on the slide (Left side)

4.) my rear sight is missing the vial so it does not glow

Will follow up with the company that sold it to me tomorrow and beretta to see what they will do.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Can't get a hold of beretta. Are they still on holiday? The CS line is going straight to voicemail and the voicemail is full...

Side note: Are these slides serialized? maybe I'll see if they can send me a replacement slide for my issues

OP: If I am hijacking your thread let me know and I'll delete my posts and start a new thread. Just wanted to put similar issues in the same thread for future people w/ similar issues looking for answers
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Sean415 all is good.
Let me know when you do get a hold of them and what they say.
They should of been back from holiday today.
I don't think the slides have any serial numbers on them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Will do. Mine is not nearly as bad as yours. I'd be more happy with a new slide which will fix all 4 of the issues.  Normally I don't really care about cosmetics but I'm not the only one and it's more than a couple of things wrong.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:03:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just for an FYI to those that will say why I didn't look my gun over before taking possession I usually do but this time I Was in a rush when I got to the FFL to do the paperwork (MD has 7 day wait) so I filled it out and left. 7 days later I return and pick it up and bring it home and on closer examination:

1.) Received a safety/decocker instead of decocker only...false advertisement or mix up on the company( trying to contact now to see what they will do)

2.) have the same slide damaged from insertion of the extractor pin

Will follow up with the company that sold it to me tomorrow and beretta to see what they will do.
View Quote
That one is normal. They stake the extractor pin in the slide. However, they should do it BEFORE cerakote IMO
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That one is normal. They stake the extractor pin in the slide. However, they should do it BEFORE cerakote IMO
View Quote

After searching images on the internet I see you are correct in this...very weird that it's done in that manner. I completely agree that it should be done before cerekoting.

Thanks for letting me know
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Everything else, I can deal with but that barrel....

ugh..

and I'm a huge Beretta fan almost to the point of a cultist but that's just wrong in so many levels.
View Quote

I've always thought Beretta's consistent out of the box quality was underrated.

This is surprising.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:39:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've always thought Beretta's consistent out of the box quality was underrated.

This is surprising.
View Quote

Agreed. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the move to TN. New employees? Poor QC from new employees?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not this time. Wtf

This.

Yup
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:57:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Tag for outcome

That is some serious WTF quality control right there...

Hope everything pans out for both of you
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Got mine yesterday its perfect
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#45]
My type G, the only issues im having is with the decocker. When i decock the lever doesn't go spring back everytime. Having to double tap it. Not sure what to do or just deal with it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:56:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My type G, the only issues im having is with the decocker. When i decock the lever doesn't go spring back everytime. Having to double tap it. Not sure what to do or just deal with it.
View Quote

Several people including me have had that issue after doing the FS to G conversion. Seems to improve the more its used, mine hung up occasionally but after 20 or 30 reps it's springing back every time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
The G instructions say a bit of fitting might be necessary, IIRC.  Also says to work it back and forth vigorously a few times to loosen it up, as well.

I was lucky with mine, it worked correctly out of the bag.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not this time. Wtf
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The G instructions say a bit of fitting might be necessary, IIRC.  Also says to work it back and forth vigorously a few times to loosen it up, as well.

I was lucky with mine, it worked correctly out of the bag.
View Quote

Thanks and next time I get it out ill try to work it back and forth to see if it helps.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

2.) have the same slide damaged from insertion of the extractor pin Normal

View Quote

Finally got ahold of the company that sold me the weapon (3 unanswered emails, and 3 phone calls later...) and they were more than willing to remedy the situation w/ a slide replacement (since the weapon was already transfered). Now just waiting to see if I actually do get a slide...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top