Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2016 12:15:18 PM EDT
My father recently got a Beretta 92F Compact as part of a partial trade and has offered it to me for $400. It comes with two magazines and no box or papers.

Attachment Attached File

It's in excellent overall shape with very little wear. The only real damage is a small scrape on the grip.

Attachment Attached File

Serial number is E14XXXZ

I know very little about Berettas other than I like the way this one shoots.

So what can y'all tell me about this gun?

Is the price fair (too high or too low)? And is the lack of the "S" modification really a big deal for a gun that will probably never see much more than plinking action?

UPDATE: Based on y'all's advice, I went ahead and took it home. ??

It shoots like a dream, but definitely needs a new recoil spring. I'll look into the beretta "D" spring.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Decent price
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one... in fact it was my second gun ever.  It's a good shooter.  A little heavy and wide in the grip for an EDC, but overall I like it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Good price for 400, new compacts like that are running 600+
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one... in fact it was my second gun ever.  It's a good shooter.  A little heavy and wide in the grip for an EDC, but overall I like it.
View Quote

Perfect size for me. My m9a1 compact is my edc. Same size as a g19 but 7oz heavier.

Mine has a phenomenal trigger.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Compact 92s aren't very common, IMHO $400 is a very good price in its condition.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I went ahead and bought it. Probably won't be carrying it too much as I have a G19 and a 642 for that purpose.

I recently consolidated my handgun collection to 9mm only (save a few that are either fun milsurps or inherited) and this is a good start to building my collection back up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to carry a g19 too, still do while at sea occasionally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top