Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2016 12:58:19 PM EDT
I want to get into competition shooting and I'm leading towards my M9A3 and have a few questions:

1. Is the M9A3 IDPA SSP and USPSA Production gun legal? I want to use it for both but not sure if it qualifies.
2. Is the factory ext. mag release SSP legal?
3. What changes can be made to it and still keep it IDPA SSP and USPSA production legal?

Side note: Trying to get a price match on the M9A3 anyone know where I can find the lowest price for one in-stock or out of stock? Screen shot or link is fine. So far I found one listed for $860 out of stock.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to get into competition shooting and I'm leading towards my M9A3 and have a few questions:

1. Is the M9A3 IDPA SSP and USPSA Production gun legal? I want to use it for both but not sure if it qualifies.
3. What changes can be made to it and still keep it IDPA SSP and USPSA production legal?

Side note: Trying to get a price match on the M9A3 anyone know where I can find the lowest price for one in-stock or out of stock? Screen shot or link is fine. So far I found one listed for $860 out of stock.

Thanks
View Quote

Your M9 would probably be ESP legal, if you are otherwise stock, it is USPSA production legal.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just confused because I'm getting conflicting info and Wilson says their 92G is SSP and production approved and it has pretty much everything the m9a3 has.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Also, to those using it in competition what holster are you using? I like the Comp-tac international but I'm not sure if it will fit the m9a3 as it is made for the m9a1.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The M9A3 is not on the USPSA Production Gun List yet that I can see.  USPSA Production List

For local club shoots I would believe there would not be an issue if you wanted to shoot it in Production.  At least here it would be ok.  For a holster, I use Comp-Tac or Blade-Tech, they are both good.  Specifically for my M9A1 I use the Comp-Tac.  If you want to know, call them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Weird. Maybe I'll email them about it.

Yeah I was planning on using the comp tac but comp tac stated its made for the m9a1 so they can not say it will work for the m9a3
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weird. Maybe I'll email them about it.

Yeah I was planning on using the comp tac but comp tac stated its made for the m9a1 so they can not say it will work for the m9a3
View Quote

It will work
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to know. I'll have to grab it once I figure out if I can use this in SSP and production class
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an almost new Safariland holster you can have, just pay it forward sometime.

I'm me your address.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an almost new Safariland holster you can have, just pay it forward sometime.

I'm me your address.
View Quote

IM sent. Wow. Thank you I really appreciate that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

Anyone using the M9A3 in competition?  Still waiting to hear back from USPSA and IDPA
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
USPSA response:

Once Beretta satisfies the production requirements and submits the paperwork, it should be approved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top