Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Would this work on one of the 92S surplus/imports?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I was hesitant to install it myself because I'm retarded when it comes to roll pins. But it was easy as hell and took about 10 minutes. I absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would this work on one of the 92S surplus/imports?
View Quote
I don't believe so.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to pass on some knowledge I just learned doing my two 92A1's.

Make sure you use the detent pins from the kit, especially the right side detent (I don't think the left side matters).  

After assembling my first 92A1 reusing the original detents, everything on that gun worked fine, but when I converted the 2nd gun, it no longer had Double Action, just empty trigger pull as if the safety was on.

The problem was the stock right side detent, it is slightly longer than the new detent in the conversion kit.

The heel end of that detent protrudes through the slide and contacts the TRIGGER BAR.  The kit supplied detent is no where near as proud as the one shown in this picture.

If the TRIGGER BAR does not reset all the way up into the slide, the trigger does not reset the Double Action mechanism.

Even though the stock detent worked on the first gun I did, I went back and swapped it out with the kit one after fixing the 2nd gun.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
How does the G safety feel once installed compared to an actual 92G?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How does the G safety feel once installed compared to an actual 92G?
View Quote
I don't know what a real G feels like, but it feels nearly identical to the old safety, other than the fact that it springs right back to the hot condition.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally got mine ordered for just under $50 shipped, thanks to the coupon codes throughout this thread.

Ought to be a nice revitalization for a 23 year old pistol.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Why do you guys want a decock only?  I'm having a hard time understanding the demand for this. 
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why do you guys want a decock only?  I'm having a hard time understanding the demand for this. 
View Quote
Don't really need a safety on a DA/SA gun, it's just like carrying a revolver with the hammer down. One less thing to think about if you ever need to use your gun in a defensive situation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't really need a safety on a DA/SA gun, it's just like carrying a revolver with the hammer down. One less thing to think about if you ever need to use your gun in a defensive situation.
View Quote
Basically this.  I don't want to pull my pistol, and have a limp trigger if I need a bang.  The only time I ever put the safety on for my 92 currently, is to decock it--I then immediately take it off safe, since it has a long DA pull, and usually lives in a holster.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Basically this.  I don't want to pull my pistol, and have a limp trigger if I need a bang.  The only time I ever put the safety on for my 92 currently, is to decock it--I then immediately take it off safe, since it has a long DA pull, and usually lives in a holster.
View Quote
I'm wanting to G my new PX4c too, just waiting for the stealth levers to come back in stock somewhere. I know I can G the oem levers by removing the ball bearing and spring but want to leave them stock. Beretta has the stealth and slide release levers as a set in stock but I don't really want the stealth slide lever.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I was wanting the stealth g levers for my PX4s, managed to get a set before they went out of stock again. That's a good price for the 92  G-conversion kit, I don't need one,  I got mine from Beretta the day they came out. They're out of stock again at Beretta, I've never dealt with gnarleygorilla before, are they a reputable dealer?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I have no idea.  Kinda why I posted it, hopefully we'll get some feedback
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have had this happen.

IF you do a hand over slide release technique- which I do, this is a very real possibility. Think about it, you have just shot your gun dry- which is why you are reloading it, you release the slide and come back on target and you get a dead trigger......That's the shit nightmares are made of, and there is NO reason for it.

For me, it's a critical modification. I don't own a Beretta that isn't G Modified.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I do miss my Wilson Combat low profile safety lever. I'm hoping someone decides to make a low profile version and one that only has a lever on one side.
View Quote
I came real close to buying a G kit a couple days ago but decided against it after seeing how much the lever sticks out on the right side. It appears to stick out even more than the standard safety from the pictures that I have seen.

I ended up buying the Wilson low profile kit instead, and I am glad I did. Functions nice and gets rid of the useless for me right side lever. I don't see any way the safety would engage with the low profile setup unless you deliberately manipulated it.

If someone made a low profile, left side only decock lever like you said, I am sure that would be a very popular mod.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I came real close to buying a G kit a couple days ago but decided against it after seeing how much the lever sticks out on the right side. It appears to stick out even more than the standard safety from the pictures that I have seen.

I ended up buying the Wilson low profile kit instead, and I am glad I did. Functions nice and gets rid of the useless for me right side lever. I don't see any way the safety would engage with the low profile setup unless you deliberately manipulated it.

If someone made a low profile, left side only decock lever like you said, I am sure that would be a very popular mod.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do miss my Wilson Combat low profile safety lever. I'm hoping someone decides to make a low profile version and one that only has a lever on one side.

As soon as someone comes out with a left side decocker only I'm buying it. I love the 92FS decocker but the right side lever does stick way out there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Why does the decock only function require the right side lever?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why does the decock only function require the right side lever?
View Quote
lefty's maybe? I'm all in for a left side only design... I know Wilson Combat's version is left side only... you would think Beretta would be there too..????
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Beretta has this kit back in stock for those who have been waiting for it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Beretta has this kit back in stock for those who have been waiting for it.
View Quote
Ordered.

This corrects the number one, most valid complaint about the M9.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ordered.

View Quote
What does beretta charge for shipping?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ordered.

They charged me $10 shipping and also charged my sales tax.

I found a 15% off code though so it came to $60 shipped.

The cide is BUSA13
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They charged me $10 shipping and also charged my sales tax.

I found a 15% off code though so it came to $60 shipped.

The cide is BUSA13
View Quote
Thanks! I was having an issue (seeing if I was going to get screwed out of a pistol), so I put off ordering. Got my issue somewhat resolved and checked Beretta's site only to see they're sold out again
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks! I was having an issue (seeing if I was going to get screwed out of a pistol), so I put off ordering. Got my issue somewhat resolved and checked Beretta's site only to see they're sold out again
View Quote
Dang, the demand for these must be really high. I recommend signing up for notify when back in stock. That's what I did and bought it as soon as I got the email.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dang, the demand for these must be really high. I recommend signing up for notify when back in stock. That's what I did and bought it as soon as I got the email.
View Quote
That's what I did. I'll just have to keep a close eye on it if they're going to sell out in a day or two. 
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Back in stock and ordered
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Back in stock and ordered
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Just installed the G kit on my M9A1.  Had previously put the D mainspring in.  Very nice shooting and handling pistol now.  IMHO how it should have been from the factory.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:37:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just installed the G kit on my M9A1.  Had previously put the D mainspring in.  Very nice shooting and handling pistol now.  IMHO how it should have been from the factory.
View Quote
I never had a problem with the FS... Untill I tried a g gun. Now both my berettas have them
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top