Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2016 1:39:11 PM EDT
The barrel on my 92a1 appears to be off center....favoring the right side, more so as you move towards the muzzle end...is this a common issue? I've been told it might just be that part of the slide was poorly machined? And that a lot of 92's are like this? Pistol is brand new, has not been fired yet. Feeds and ejects fine for function checks
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Can you post some pics?

I have never heard of this concern, on any 92 variant.

Just put 550 rounds through my new a1 this past weekend. No issues on mine.

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with yours, either.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll try, photo bucket isn't working for me at the moment though....hasn't worked for me in in some time....is there a better way to upload pics?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Not sure. Still trying to figure the new site.

Maybe post a link to your photo hosting album?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not uncommon in 92 series pistols. It's also not an issue/problem either. Your gun will be accurate.

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=121558&highlight=barrel+center
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as it is not loose and wobbly when in battery and goes to the same spot each time it's not a problem. I had one several years ago that was like yours sounds to be and it still shot very accurate.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I've heard of a few 92's with this issue and the Beretta fans say it's no problem.

I couldn't even tell you if my 92A1's bore is off center or not.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Very common issue that will not affect function or accuracy. I've owned a bunch of 92 variants over the years and an off-center barrel is more common than not, and all mine have been plenty accurate.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:01:57 AM EDT
[#8]
My M9 is slightly off center.  It still shoots to POA and is very accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top