Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2016 6:17:24 PM EDT
My first post in this sub-forum, so first introductions...

I'm a long time CZ fanatic but have a general attraction to European firearms.
I've always glossed over the Beretta, but lately I have been strangely infatuated with them and want to add some sorta 92 variant to the stable.

So I read the tacked post here outlining
the model variations (very useful, so kudos to the author), but I still don't know where to begin this journey?

My LGS has an M9A3, which looks like a kick ass gun, but also some 92FS's which are better priced (Obviously).

Where in the timeline should a Beretta newb dip his toe in? What should I be looking for? What's the good, bad and ugly in a nutshell?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:12:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the m9a3.  
Simple.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have owned 29 different 92 variants over the past 20+ years. The M9A3 is my favorite 92 variant and also my favorite handgun I own. I actually bought a 2nd one.

If you can get the M9A3, and afford it - go buy that
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the m9a3 or a 92a1
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the m9a3 or a 92a1
View Quote

M9A3 and 92A1 would be my recommendation too.

If you have a suppressor the M9A3 is a good value.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I love basic berettas but the m9a3 is a, one gun to rule all guns with, kinda gun.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the feedback guys.
I guess M9A3 it is! lol.

I also just sent in a deposit on something else as well, so I'll have to play my cards right, money wise.
At this point, I need to wait until after Christmas. If the LGS still has a M9A3 at that time, please look for my follow up
thread: "Where can you buy cheap Beretta mags?"
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I guess M9A3 it is! lol.

I also just sent in a deposit on something else as well, so I'll have to play my cards right, money wise.

At this point, I need to wait until after Christmas. If the LGS still has a M9A3 at that time, please look for my follow up

thread: "Where can you buy cheap Beretta mags?"
View Quote

Buy mecgar 18 Rd mags from Greg cote. Cheap mags and Beretta don't go well together.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Allow me to ask: what will you do with the gun?

If night sights aren't needed/wanted, then *I* would opt instead for a gently used 92FS with metal parts. Replace the mainspring, trigger return spring for a better trigger & you have a damn fine gun for $400~.

Now, if night sights are indeed on the table, then the A3 model is probably a better fit.

I admit to liking the 92FS traditional models better than their latter brothern(s), no matter how ancient it makes me look..............  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top