Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2016 8:26:52 PM EDT
Got a new 92 and I want some new grips in addition to the springs and hammer I'm getting. I want to go with G-10, so which are best? WC, VZ (golfball or tactical) or Cool Hand? Want some a little thinner than OE. Also, Is a metal trigger worth getting? Does it make a difference? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the thinnest available G10 grips from Wilson Combat, they are fantastic. Makes the grip noticeably thinner and easier for me to wrap my paw around. I would recommend those for sure. They do have some serious grip to them, in case you hadn't felt G10's texture before.

As for the steel trigger, it makes the stock trigger look like a turd. Get it. I never did like the feel of the polymer on the trigger anyway.

And at the risk of sounding like a Wilson Combat fanboy, while you're at it, I would recommend the low profile safety and the steel guide rod as well. Their stuff is great. Made my 92A1 into an Italian Stallion.

Hope this helps some.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I put the WC G10 slim tactical slants on my 92 series guns. I have smedium hands and those grips alone make a huge difference in my trigger reach. I am also a huge fan of the short reach trigger too. The combination of the slim grips and SR trigger give the pistol an entirely new feel. I highly recommend this set up.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the thinnest available G10 grips from Wilson Combat, they are fantastic. Makes the grip noticeably thinner and easier for me to wrap my paw around. I would recommend those for sure. They do have some serious grip to them, in case you hadn't felt G10's texture before.

As for the steel trigger, it makes the stock trigger look like a turd. Get it. I never did like the feel of the polymer on the trigger anyway.

And at the risk of sounding like a Wilson Combat fanboy, while you're at it, I would recommend the low profile safety and the steel guide rod as well. Their stuff is great. Made my 92A1 into an Italian Stallion.

Hope this helps some.
View Quote

I was planning on getting the guide rod already. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I put the WC G10 slim tactical slants on my 92 series guns. I have smedium hands and those grips alone make a huge difference in my trigger reach. I am also a huge fan of the short reach trigger too. The combination of the slim grips and SR trigger give the pistol an entirely new feel. I highly recommend this set up.
View Quote

Is the SRT the WC? The metal trigger I was looking at was the Berretta one that comes with the hammer and trigger spring. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is the SRT the WC? The metal trigger I was looking at was the Berretta one that comes with the hammer and trigger spring. Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes the Wilson Combat=Short Reach.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a set of VZ golf balls and they feel like the same width as the factory plastic. I also have the Wilson "thin" grips. My preference goes to the Wilson's. As far as grip goes the golf balls are by far grippier. To me the short reach trigger feels too short, but I have long fingers.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got some ultra thin Wilson's the other day. I like them a lot but ill need to shoot after a run to see if they're worth it.

The plastic grips were worthless after they got wet with sweat
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a set of vz golf ball grips on mine and boy is that grip aggressive.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I think these were done by Strider.

Beretta M9 by X Ring, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the VZ G10 Golf Ball grips in black/gray. I was going to order them directly from Wilson because I like the Wilson logo but at the time I ordered them they didn't carry golf ball.

https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/beretta-92/golfball55/92-golfball-black-gray-g10

" />
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#11]
The WC ultra thin grips are the ticket. The short reach trigger is great, but is quite a bit shorter, just be aware.

Also, if you are considering the metal guide rod, you should consider the flat write recoil spring kit. Comes with spring, guide rod and shock buff. I really like it, smoother recoil impulse and handles everything from target to defense loads well. They claim you never have to change springs again, a advertised as a lifetime set up. I don't know about that, but it is nice.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The WC ultra thin grips are the ticket. The short reach trigger is great, but is quite a bit shorter, just be aware.

Also, if you are considering the metal guide rod, you should consider the flat write recoil spring kit. Comes with spring, guide rod and shock buff. I really like it, smoother recoil impulse and handles everything from target to defense loads well. They claim you never have to change springs again, a advertised as a lifetime set up. I don't know about that, but it is nice.
View Quote

I just put one of the flatware spring kits from WC in my M9A1 compact. I am going to take it out tomorrow and test it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top