Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2016 11:48:49 PM EDT
Hi folks,

I have a 1989 manufacture 92F Italian manufacture that I want to do some maintenance on and would appreciate informed suggestions.  I am thinking about adding a short pull trigger.

The pistol has about 7K rounds through it.
I have always endured the long, heavy first DA pull but have just ordered a D hammer spring (Beretta mfg) and a stock replacement recoil spring.

I have also just watched some really good You tube vids on upgrading to a short pull trigger and wonder if those who have tried it, like it.
My model already has a steel trigger and a steel recoil spring guide rod.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have smedium hands. All of my Berettas with the exception of my M9 wear WC slim grips and have the short triggers installed. Combined the grips and the trigger really help me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I would replace the locking block with the newest version, about a $35 part.  The WC trigger return spring conversion is cheap and a great upgrade. A 1989 pistol should be a all steel parts gun so you are gtg.  Do the locking block, it's important with a used gun you don't know the history of ammo used.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
My new recoil spring from Brownells (Beretta mfg) is actually SHORTER than the original it is replacing.  Strange. I emailed them to see if there is something I should know.
It has the right part number, it will be interesting to see what they say.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
To convert from F to FS (safer)...

http://alleghenygunworks.com/index.php/services-packages

New Locking block.  New recoil spring.  That's all I would do.  The grips and trigger can really change the feel so it is worth looking to.  I also recommend not getting the older style VZ grips as the corner in the back where your thumb touches both the frame and the grips will rub and feel terrible.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To convert from F to FS (safer)...

http://alleghenygunworks.com/index.php/services-packages

New Locking block.  New recoil spring.  That's all I would do.  The grips and trigger can really change the feel so it is worth looking to.  I also recommend not getting the older style VZ grips as the corner in the back where your thumb touches both the frame and the grips will rub and feel terrible.  

Good luck!
View Quote

Allegheny gun works would appear to be gone

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=292404
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top