Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2016 11:56:40 AM EDT
For anyone who owns a 92 compact model, likes/dislikes or any general good/bad comments?

I have never owned one, and considering a purchase.  Haven't got my hands on one yet, planning to do that today.

Basically looking for some arf knowledge to help make my decision.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive been carrying one for about 6 months. Ive got a few thousand rounds through it too.

The only con I can think of is the front sight sucks.

Incredible trigger. I did install a d spring and stoned some of the inner workings. Smoothest da Ive ever shot and very crisp sa

Very accurate

Same size as a g 19 but I think its 32oz loaded

18 round reloads

I went through 2 recoil springs in the first 5k rounds so I switched to a wilson flatwire spring. I replace recoil springs on berettas when the spring is shorter than the barrel.

Im starting this video from concealment with the saftey on so obviously DA also.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive been carrying one for about 6 months. Ive got a few thousand rounds through it too.

The only con I can think of is the front sight sucks.

Incredible trigger. I did install a d spring and stoned some of the inner workings. Smoothest da Ive ever shot and very crisp sa

Very accurate

Same size as a g 19 but I think its 32oz loaded

18 round reloads

I went through 2 recoil springs in the first 5k rounds so I switched to a wilson flatwire spring. I replace recoil springs on berettas when the spring is shorter than the barrel.

http://i64.tinypic.com/301h540.jpg

Im starting this video from concealment with the saftey on so obviously DA also.

https://youtu.be/Hfh_IhP3IFs

View Quote

That's very interesting info about the recoil spring.

Going to take another look at it again tomorrow, couldn't make up my mind today.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Love me some metal guns!
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased one, picking it up tomorrow. I really wanted to see what an XC-1 Surefire looks like on one before I dropped the money on a Surefire XC-1 but I guess I am going to have to be the crash test dummy because I can't find an image of this configuration anywhere. Anyways, the front sight was a concern for me, I hope Tooltech will be able to install sights again in the future. I ordered a two-tone version so the front and rear will be painted red, I plan on getting some bright neon yellow/greenish paint and re-painting the sights.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just purchased one, picking it up tomorrow. I really wanted to see what an XC-1 Surefire looks like on one before I dropped the money on a Surefire XC-1 but I guess I am going to have to be the crash test dummy because I can't find an image of this configuration anywhere. Anyways, the front sight was a concern for me, I hope Tooltech will be able to install sights again in the future. I ordered a two-tone version so the front and rear will be painted red, I plan on getting some bright neon yellow/greenish paint and re-painting the sights.
View Quote

Arms unlimited has the best price on xc1s ive seen

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a guy lol.

I picked my 92 Compact L up this morning. Ran a few hundred rounds through it. I really hope tooltech starts doing Beretta night sights again. The sights are my biggest complaint right now. My 92A1 has spoiled me when it comes to sights on a Beretta.

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 92 compact L, I love it. It fits and balances well. I have the model without the rail, but be aware, they are not "compact" at all. I find it a bit heavy and large to carry, but it shoots and handles great.

I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a 92 compact L, I love it. It fits and balances well. I have the model without the rail, but be aware, they are not "compact" at all. I find it a bit heavy and large to carry, but it shoots and handles great.

I highly recommend it.
View Quote

Its smaller than a full size beretta. About the same size as a g19. Its all relative.  Im carrying a vertec, concealed with just a t shirt right now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know a guy lol.

I picked my 92 Compact L up this morning. Ran a few hundred rounds through it. I really hope tooltech starts doing Beretta night sights again. The sights are my biggest complaint right now. My 92A1 has spoiled me when it comes to sights on a Beretta.

http://i.imgur.com/Mp2YbgT.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a guy lol.

Do you have a pic of the xc1 mounted yet?
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know a guy lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a guy lol.

Please realize that Tooltech no longer does Beretta 92 front sight drilling. Lots of talk about this on the Beretta Forum months back. Govt regulations became an issue involving tritium, and they had their license pulled from Trijicon, apparently. Trijicon will handle insert reinstalls on Berettas with fixed front sights as long as they still glow. But, no way to get it done new.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a guy lol.

No. I have been very busy with work and I was dumping all my fun money into ammo and mags. Now that our Republic is safe for another four years. I am going to finish working on my 92C and pick up an XC1. So far all I have installed is a set of WC G10 slim TCs in grey and black along with some Beretta hex grip screws to replace the slotted screws.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I am considering getting one myself...............I was looking at the Model 84 in .380, but its more expensive than the 92 Compact, and that compact feels good in my hand
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I installed the Wilson Combat fluted guide rod and flat wire spring upgrade on my M9A1 compact. The conversion came with a little blue shock buffer and Wilson claims that with the shock buff and flat wire recoil spring the set up will last a lifetime. Well, at the range yesterday all that set up got me was failure after failure. I had failure to feed problems every few rounds. I ran this set up through 12 factory mags. I tried 124gr NATO FMJ, 124gr +P Speer GD JHP and 147gr +P HST. Nothing ran reliably. I finally pulled the shock buff out of the gun and my M9 compact ran great again. I have read on some of the 1911 sites that you can take a dremel to the buffer and remove enough material to make it run reliably but I am thinking that I will just leave it out of my gun all together.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Because I have been wondering this for a while, what is the little blue cup with the Beretta insignia that comes inside of the case? What is its purpose?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Because I have been wondering this for a while, what is the little blue cup with the Beretta insignia that comes inside of the case? What is its purpose?
View Quote
Beretta Cookie Cutter.

From what I know it is to add support to the case for shipping, stacking ect.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Beretta Cookie Cutter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beretta Cookie Cutter.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beretta Cookie Cutter.

Thanks

Actually works really good as a Jello mold.

I have a M9A1 Compact.  I absolutely love that thing.  Bought my first Beretta about 2 years ago used.  Got an M9 for just over $400.  Next one was a 92A1, then got the compact about 6 months ago.  This one is my favorite.  I have carried a G19 for years but it never really fit my had just right.  The finger grooves and the length of the grip was just "not right."  The compact changed all that.  It fits my had perfectly.  Sold the G19, bought an Alien Gear holster and 10 mags for my compact.  Its my carry gun now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Another +1 for the beretta compact I carry that gun daily and love it.  The first time I fired it I was shocked at how well it shot and after that I knew it was my perfect carry gun.  I've add the D spring, metal trigger, combat hammer, and Wilson low profile safety but out of the box it's a great gun.  Would definitely say buy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top