Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2016 1:24:20 PM EDT
Will they ever make the M9A3 in BLACK?  I am not a fan of the current bi-tone tan.  

Also, the threaded barrel.  Be nice if they offered a black factory OEM threaded barrel finally!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume they'll do a black version down the road, but they're so backlogged on brown guns, probably not soon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one in black as well. Hopefully down the road they will make one in black. You could always cerakote a tan one. You will be left with tan grips but I think that combination looks really good. I have a Sig P226 with the tan combat grips and it looks really good.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys really need to read Ernest Langdon's Instagram page.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up. I really am interested in that PX4 CC he did. Beretta needs to get that out to market.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Where is the threaded barrel??????? For the black?
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
From reading through his Instagram it seems that M9A3 is a mixmaster he came up with. There also seems to be a limited edition M9A3 that Beretta is going to release with a reversed crown barrel, G conversion from the factory and finished in black.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm also down for one in black.  I have zero interest in a poo-poo brown Beretta.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From reading through his Instagram it seems that M9A3 is a mixmaster he came up with. There also seems to be a limited edition M9A3 that Beretta is going to release with a reversed crown barrel, G conversion from the factory and finished in black.
View Quote

You're confusing several different projects.  Ernest has long been shooting a personal Beretta 92 with a M9A1 frame and a Vertec slide.  It is pictured below on the lower left (along with his Wilson 92 and a pair of M9A3 prototypes).  Beretta is going to produce a 'Langdon' edition 92 that is spec'd by Ernest to reflect his personal gun.  

The black M9A3 is, well, a black M9A3.  Look at the roll marks and the new style G lever.  Both the black M9A3 and his personal Vertec/M9A1 are pictured together in his Beretta 'wheel'.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope he sets a precedence with having a removable front sight, it is 2016 I do not understand why Beretta continues to mill a fixed front sight with the slide. Now that tooltech is no longer doing the Trijicon inserts it makes even less sense. Don't get me wrong, I like my M9 and have every intention of picking up an M9A1 and M9A1 compact in the near future but the lack of a changeable front sight is a little bit of a buzzkill. WC really breathed new life into the 92 series platform. Beretta really needs to capitalize on this by continuing to refine the platform.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Why doesn't beretta sell factory OEM threaded barrels?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Good god, I hate that stupid stupid warning on it.

I got my armorer to get a sticker we use for the setups we have so I can cover it.

I feel much better
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I would buy the hell out of that even though I actually prefer the M9/M9a1 grip, just because it's M9 and it's cool. I realize FDE is all the rage now, but desert coloring in a super green, forested area is no more useful to me visibility-wise than black; there are lots of dark spots in the backdrop. There are no tan spots. You get the idea. I'd prefer black/gray/some muted color like that. Hope Beretta does one down the road.

Quoted:
Good god, I hate that stupid stupid warning on it.

I got my armorer to get a sticker we use for the setups we have so I can cover it.

I feel much better
View Quote

I hear this. This is probably the best advertisement for the M9 Commercial. No "hello owner. You are probably an idiot, so please read the lawyer BS on your gun" eyesore shit on it. I would happily sign a waiver to appease Beretta's risk management if it got me an M9a1 or M9a3 that is like the M9 Commercial in that it has no idiot stamp.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I just want one marked "TN" instead of "MD".

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#14]
With suppressors being legal in almost every state but 7, why isn't beretta offering a factory Black threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With suppressors being legal in almost every state but 7, why isn't beretta offering a factory Black threaded barrel?
View Quote

You could ask that question of almost all gun manufacturers.  There are tons of guns with no factory threaded barrels.  At least the M9A3 is shipping with one now.  I just don't care for the price tag or the color.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I agree the price is insane but I assume it's to cover their R&D cost.   The color is terrible.   The brown is fine but the frame color is not my favorite.

I want a black one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top